Reload this Page >

Furniture Packages

Furniture Packages

Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

funluvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Furniture Packages

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of using any of the firms that offer full furniture packages (and well everything to get your place ready for occupation, I have a list of friends looking for a shot of it (oh and preferrably in the Costa Blanca)?

My property will be ready in a month or so, but i am stuck in the far east and won't be able to furnish it myself so was hoping to use one of the companies out there to get it ready with everything

Any advice welcome!

Regards

Funluvin
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture Packages

Originally Posted by funluvin
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of using any of the firms that offer full furniture packages (and well everything to get your place ready for occupation, I have a list of friends looking for a shot of it (oh and preferrably in the Costa Blanca)?

My property will be ready in a month or so, but i am stuck in the far east and won't be able to furnish it myself so was hoping to use one of the companies out there to get it ready with everything

Any advice welcome!

Regards

Funluvin
They are OK, BUT, the quality of the furniture is somewhat crap, and really not very suitable if you are going to live over here, OK for a holiday place.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
They are OK, BUT, the quality of the furniture is somewhat crap, and really not very suitable if you are going to live over here, OK for a holiday place.
Not sure of your experiences Mike, but please don't tarnish us all with the same brush. I own a Furniture shop, in the Costa de la Luz, not in Costa Blanca, and we offer packages to people who cannot or do not want to do it themselves. As the old saying goes - You get what you pay for!

Matt
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Interesting!

A friend of mine kitted out their Polaris World apartment in Murcia with a pack from a Murcia company and said the quality was superb!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I found in a lot of normal furniture shops up here they would offer a furniture pack. Obviously the prices varied a lot, depending on the quality and how much you wanted, i.e. 2 or 3 bed. We did it because we were furnishing for rental at the time ..... most of it has gone now!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies, guess i was hoping someone had experience of using one of them and could reccomend, there are so many to choose from on the internet......
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just put in a point of view? If it is going to be your home then put in good furniture. If it is going to be a rental property (and I am talking about long term) please think about the furniture you put in. When we were looking for a long term rental we discarded every property that had cane furniture as the lounge furniture. It may be alright for a two week let in the summer but it is no good when you come in after a day's work and want to relax and you have a two seater cane sofa that should be in a conservatory. We found properties that had actually been kitted out for a long term rental with qood quality furniture and equipment were let within days. Just a thought - although it might not actually apply to you.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks Sue, that is really usefull info, I do aim to rent it out for some of the time, I'm not sure what kind of rentals it will attract but your point is well made in that i would like to be able to attract both. I also hope to use it from time to time in the future (not the next couple of years as i am based in the far east) I would like to find a balance of hard wearing but attractive furniture, i am a believer in the expression you get what you pay for, provided i can find a company i feel is trustworthy.

PS (I agree totally with the point on cane furniture being in a conservatory!!)
Old Apr 9th 2008, 10:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Can I just put in a point of view? If it is going to be your home then put in good furniture. If it is going to be a rental property (and I am talking about long term) please think about the furniture you put in. When we were looking for a long term rental we discarded every property that had cane furniture as the lounge furniture. It may be alright for a two week let in the summer but it is no good when you come in after a day's work and want to relax and you have a two seater cane sofa that should be in a conservatory. We found properties that had actually been kitted out for a long term rental with qood quality furniture and equipment were let within days. Just a thought - although it might not actually apply to you.
That is a good point, we rent and I think half the stuff now is our own like you say comfy and homely and the crap rental stuff is in the lockup below.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that both - I was half expecting to get shot down in flames. I can imagine it is difficult to know quite what to do. Where we are now is reasonably comfy - at least we have two proper sofas! Although we do have spanish beds, english sheets (don't fit properly) and a king size duvet and double quilt covers - need I say more!

P.S. I wish we had storage space then perhaps I could do some shopping.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

LOL, you are very welcome Sue, i guess i drift between a few options

1. Put good furniture in and expect the fact it will be of better quality to make it worthwhile - i.e it will last longer even if not taken brilliant care of, your point of longer rentals is actually well made, the apartment complex will have some facilities to make longer rentals perhaps attractive

2. Put in cheap furniture and expect parts of it to be replaced regularly (though no cane! )

3. Put in stuff i really like and restrict rentals to people i know and trust, less money but less hassle perhaps..

Anyway as before, appreciate people taking the time to respond!

Funluvin
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Gittins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Look at www.investorfurnishing.co.uk. my mum and Dad used them, they actually make their own furniture and have a team of designers who will design a scheme to suit you. They're not expensive and the stuff is great. They are also the only ones who furnish to comply with British Fire and Safety standards. I know that they have show houses all over Spain and a huge warehouse in Ayamonte. Good luck!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gittins
Hi, Look at www.investorfurnishing.co.uk. my mum and Dad used them, they actually make their own furniture and have a team of designers who will design a scheme to suit you. They're not expensive and the stuff is great. They are also the only ones who furnish to comply with British Fire and Safety standards. I know that they have show houses all over Spain and a huge warehouse in Ayamonte. Good luck!
That is just a marketing gimick! Do you honestly think that Spain does not also follow the European Standards!!