Fur coats

Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fur coats

Oh good... a nice debate about ethics.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:16 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh good... a nice debate about ethics.
Can't compare to sussex.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Can't compare to sussex.
True, from what I heard the women are all fur coat and no knickers in ethics.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:00 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgXoJO0OcRo.
Not sure how to do links :fingerscrossed
First thing that pops up is Heather Mills but hang in there.
Not for the squeamish.
Try to watch it to the end.
It's just disgusting what some people will do for cash.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:17 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgXoJO0OcRo.
Not sure how to do links :fingerscrossed
First thing that pops up is Heather Mills but hang in there.
Not for the squeamish.
Try to watch it to the end.
It's just disgusting what some people will do for cash.

Far more fun to work out what you wouldn't do for say, 50 million quid.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:20 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's been fairly obvious for long enough that the Chinese are not strong on ethics, but what amazes me is the lack of ethics shown by the govts.of the Western world, in not only accepting such practises for all these years, but also allowing their industrial bases to be almost wiped out in many cases, by purchasing goods produced by virtual slave labour, such as political prisoners forced to work in diabolical conditions, just for their daily bowl of rice, and furthermore now finding themselves so deep in hock to the evil barstewards that they now have to virtually lick their asses.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well it's been fairly obvious for long enough that the Chinese are not strong on ethics, but what amazes me is the lack of ethics shown by the govts.of the Western world, in not only accepting such practises for all these years, but also allowing their industrial bases to be almost wiped out in many cases, by purchasing goods produced by virtual slave labour, such as political prisoners forced to work in diabolical conditions, just for their daily bowl of rice, and furthermore now finding themselves so deep in hock to the evil barstewards that they now have to virtually lick their asses.
OOh don't get me started!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Ethics go out the window for most people as soon as you have to "pay for them"

How many people will pay double for eggs from free range hens?

Or only buy European made clothes when they complain about Far Eastern sweatshops? When these clothes may cost 5-10 times as much?

And what about children's toys? I went to buy a present for a young relative at the weekend, the amount of cr*p that passes as toys these days is unbelievable. Full of cheap plastic, colourful packagaging and made by Chinamen for less than a dollar a day, never mind the scary images the toys are giving to the next generation. A lot of the figures for little girls looked like street prostitutes. Made me want to buy an old fashioned artesan wooden toy or maybe a football. Although even footballs are made through child labour apparently.

It's a nasty old world. Some relatives of mine have "opted out" of mass consumerism. No TV, no visits to toyshops for their children and no visits to supermarkets. I admire them and their life is great, but it is hard work!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:01 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by cricketman
Ethics go out the window for most people as soon as you have to "pay for them"

How many people will pay double for eggs from free range hens?

Or only buy European made clothes when they complain about Far Eastern sweatshops? When these clothes may cost 5-10 times as much?

And what about children's toys? I went to buy a present for a young relative at the weekend, the amount of cr*p that passes as toys these days is unbelievable. Full of cheap plastic, colourful packagaging and made by Chinamen for less than a dollar a day, never mind the scary images the toys are giving to the next generation. A lot of the figures for little girls looked like street prostitutes. Made me want to buy an old fashioned artesan wooden toy or maybe a football. Although even footballs are made through child labour apparently.

It's a nasty old world. Some relatives of mine have "opted out" of mass consumerism. No TV, no visits to toyshops for their children and no visits to supermarkets. I admire them and their life is great, but it is hard work!
I fully agree with all you say.
It's obvious that everyone is looking for a bargain and shoppers will tend to go for the cheapest goods, if they meet their requirements and turn a blind eye to their origin.
However as I said, it's govts that should take, or should already have taken, action to block or restrict trade with countries such as China, using slave labour and turning a blind eye to human and animal rights.
It's likely too late in the day now, and as the cunning Chinese continue to take over the World almost by stealth, they are well on the way to becoming not only a superpower, but possibly in the not too distant future the ONLY superpower, and where that will leave the common ppl of the Western world is anyones guess,... working in sweatshops and political prisoner factories maybe.
Some say that India is the country to watch out for, but I don't see it.
My money is on the ruthless and cunning Chinese to eventually control the whole World order, by whatever means they choose
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I
My money is on the ruthless and cunning Chinese to eventually control the whole World order, by whatever means they choose
Makes me gald I was born when I was ( baby boomer )
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:04 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Exactly,
It's all about getting your timing right, and being in the right place at the right time, ie, the Western World during it's best and most lucrative days.
In other words just hitting the narrow window of opportunity in between the tough old times and the worst of what I fear is yet to come.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly,
It's all about getting your timing right,
I'm not sure the timing was anything to do with me.

At a guess I'm the result of my father coming home drunk, possibly my mother as well
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:56 am
On the road again.

I'm not sure the timing was anything to do with me.

At a guess I'm the result of my father coming home drunk, possibly my mother as well

Well I doubt if very many of us arrived right on schedule as a result of careful planning.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 6:12 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I have a beaver skin hat, i also like eating beaver. Smells like fish tastes like chicken.
I also love chcken tarka ...
Its a bit like chicken tikka but a little 'otter. I couldn't wear an otter hat to cute whereas beaver............
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 3:07 pm
bil
Banned

Not quite, best of all was to be born just after the boomers. That way they clear the way and we have it easy.

Cricket man has it spot on when he mentions price outweighing ethics for most people most of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.