Fuerteventura

Old Aug 19th 2014, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

spitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuerteventura

Hi,
I am new to this forum, so just testing the waters. We would like to look at spending 6 months of the year in Fuerteventura & 6 months in Scotland. What is the general take on this ?? Any comments appreciated. Will also be looking to buy a small property there & use for family & friends when we are not in either place ( if that makes sense !!) Thanks . . Ron
Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fuerteventura

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

spitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rosemary. Looking forward to it
Cheers
Ron
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in your thread in Europe (I'm surprised it wasn't moved here, as you requested)

You have to address a number of issues:

The period of uninterrupted time you have to spend in Fuerteventura until you are required to register as a domiciled resident there or

Registering as a non resident for payment of non resident taxes on your property

Health cover whilst you are spending your time away from the UK as cover on your medical card can often be restricted by the authorities in Spain

Tax residency (fiscal residency)

You'll get plenty of people here telling you that you have to register as a resident if spending more than 90 days in Spain, but at the end of the day it is down to realities
Old Aug 20th 2014, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply again Mitzy. Starting to get a bit cooler & wetter here now, getting to the time I don't want to be here. Still hoping !!! ;-) ;-)