Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Freshness of air - costa Blanca South/North - Do you feel the difference

Freshness of air - costa Blanca South/North - Do you feel the difference

Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Freshness of air - costa Blanca South/North - Do you feel the difference

Hi all,

for the people that live in both areas and frequently travel between them. Do you notice the difference in the air / humidity between both areas.

I ask as I do and I am looking to move just outside of Valencia, even possibly Altea, but recently I have seen some areas around Paramount which also appeal, not necesarily price wise but easy completion. But that is not a major issue at this stage.

When I have stayed in say, Quesada and areas say within 20 miles surrounding it, I have found it very sticky, which is very unlike the northern costa blanca, my question to you all - is it that noticeable that it would / has put you off moving to such a area ?

I really find the north even at 38/41deg quite fresh, but even mid 20's in Murcia prov I find difficult to stand, maybe I have not adjusted or gone at the wrong times.

Thanks for your time.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:13 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freshness of air - costa Blanca South/North - Do you feel the difference

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Hi all,

for the people that live in both areas and frequently travel between them. Do you notice the difference in the air / humidity between both areas.

I ask as I do and I am looking to move just outside of Valencia, even possibly Altea, but recently I have seen some areas around Paramount which also appeal, not necesarily price wise but easy completion. But that is not a major issue at this stage.

When I have stayed in say, Quesada and areas say within 20 miles surrounding it, I have found it very sticky, which is very unlike the northern costa blanca, my question to you all - is it that noticeable that it would / has put you off moving to such a area ?

I really find the north even at 38/41deg quite fresh, but even mid 20's in Murcia prov I find difficult to stand, maybe I have not adjusted or gone at the wrong times.

Thanks for your time.
I would agree.
No way would I live in the S.Costa Blanca at any price for a number of reasons apart from the air.

I spent a good while scouting the C.Blanca region as a whole and quickly ruled out the Southern region.
I did fancy the Northern region for a while up around the Gandia area, but only until I had seen the Southern part of the Costa Azahara a little inland just a wee bit S.of Valencia, then that was it for me.
I'd put a small deposit down within 36 hours of coming into the area and never regretted it a single day since.

Definitely fresher here and so much greener too, meaning much less dust and flora and fauna in abundance.
To put the icing on the cake it was less than half the price of anything remotely comparable a little further South and no "Little Britain" type communities to boot, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find any two properties alike here.

Yes we get a wee drop more rain and breezy weather, but that's all for the good, whilst the temp.and sunshine records, especially in Winter compare very well with most of the other Costas.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freshness of air - costa Blanca South/North - Do you feel the difference

I think I knew that and I just wanted it confirmed, drummed into my head - I never liked holidaying if that is what you call it, in the 'little britain' style places,

I have found a lovely place in Torrent, I like the city being close too, I have done the coast in the north, I liked everywhere, Olivia, Gandia, Villajoyasa, Alfaz Altea santa Pola and Alicante itself, etc, practically everywhere but Calpe, not really liked much of Murcia area at all apart from Elche

Thanks for the advice

Andy
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:45 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I think I knew that and I just wanted it confirmed, drummed into my head - I never liked holidaying if that is what you call it, in the 'little britain' style places,

I have found a lovely place in Torrent, I like the city being close too, I have done the coast in the north, I liked everywhere, Olivia, Gandia, Villajoyasa, Alfaz Altea santa Pola and Alicante itself, etc, practically everywhere but Calpe, not really liked much of Murcia area at all apart from Elche

Thanks for the advice

Andy
Good choice, especially if you like the City and Valencia is as good as any and better in most respects.

Torrent is ok as far as towns go with its very pleasant Central avenues, though the district of Torrent extends out to the West of the A7/N7, fairly close to my place way out in the sticks.