Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fremasonry in Spain?

Fremasonry in Spain?

Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fremasonry in Spain?

Would Graham Gray, Rugbymatt or poolounger, in fact anyone give me an e-mail adress or webite of any lodges in the vicinity of Mill Hill, London NW7.

I have looked at the website of the " Grand Lodge of England " to no avail

I think most of you know by now I am very concerened for my eldely mother.

Thank you in advance,

Wendy x
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
Would Graham Gray, Rugbymatt or poolounger, in fact anyone give me an e-mail adress or webite of any lodges in the vicinity of Mill Hill, London NW7.

Thank you in advance,

Wendy x

Hi Wendy,
I'm not that good on London sites and places, more of a country boy, but this link should help you if you know a bit more about London than i do!

Good luck.

http://www.grandlodge-england.org/se...on-lodges1.htm
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you in advance,

Wendy x

Dont know anything about Masons, but off of That kind rugbymatts list, the best one to contact would be HERE When I was born in Mill Hill 63 years ago I am sure it was in Middlesex, but now see it has a London postcade. There is an email address on the page.
If not that link maybe this one HERE

Last edited by jdr; Dec 7th 2006 at 7:20 am.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:17 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Thank you in advance,

Wendy x
Wendy have you tried talking to a local branch of Age Concern ?? They may be able to sugggest other organisations that can help if they cannot do anything themselves. I had a friend in Leicester who worked for them and they did offer a multitude of services.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:37 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Poollounger i think that we do!

OK not the Mafia bit since it is an illegal organisation that has been responsible for the death of thousands, but for the rest then yes!

We all want fame and fortune, not necessary in that order but we want it, the idea that someone else gets more than us is an intrinsic part of why we build people up, only to pull them down. Its known as the Sandcastle Syndrome.

You see it all the time in the tabloids. For years they hounded Diana, then when she died they ran massive tributes to her. Its human nature, people say it is British nature but i dont believe that.

Jealousy is a vile emotion, it drives us to hatred and resentment, we see that someone else gets something and the green eyed monster rears its ugly head.
Its true that members of the brotherhood get special privileges, they get preferential treatment, but from other brothers, thats the point of being in a brotherhood!

I know of one brother who lost everything in a very bitter divorce, the others rallied and made sure he wanted for nothing. I have to ask, whats wrong with that?
I guess we will just have to disagree!! To say that everyone is envious of others who have more is ludicrous and infers that material trappings are all that we aspire to. I have on occasion rubbed shoulders with the rich and famous and I can honestly say that I do not envy fame and fortune one little bit. In fact I find much to admire in those who find joy in simple pleasures. People who achieve the status you describe are often driven by demons that the average person does not have, those demons which turn them into the monsters and high achievers. I could go on and on..
As I have said before I am sure that the majority of masons are well meaning honourable men, tainted by the misdeeds of the few. These are the ones who get max publicity. And stop reading the tabloids..There is a great article elsewhere on this forum by a couple who returned from Australia and have found contentment living in the south of England, and he says that he makes a point of not reading the Express/Mail !!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:45 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
I guess we will just have to disagree!! To say that everyone is envious of others who have more is ludicrous and infers that material trappings are all that we aspire to. I have on occasion rubbed shoulders with the rich and famous and I can honestly say that I do not envy fame and fortune one little bit. In fact I find much to admire in those who find joy in simple pleasures. People who achieve the status you describe are often driven by demons that the average person does not have, those demons which turn them into the monsters and high achievers. I could go on and on..
As I have said before I am sure that the majority of masons are well meaning honourable men, tainted by the misdeeds of the few. These are the ones who get max publicity. And stop reading the tabloids..There is a great article elsewhere on this forum by a couple who returned from Australia and have found contentment living in the south of England, and he says that he makes a point of not reading the Express/Mail !!

Good points but I think I may have miss written somewhere because what I meant to say is that as human beings we want to belong, and I think that when there is exclusion we feel embittered
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Good points but I think I may have miss written somewhere because what I meant to say is that as human beings we want to belong, and I think that when there is exclusion we feel embittered

Thats true, and I think most humans are the same like you say, I want to belong to the big lottery winners and I can`t, so I am well embittered

Last edited by jdr; Dec 7th 2006 at 11:12 am. Reason: Its such a good word I mis-spelt it.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Not quite. I'm with PoolLounger.

You should have written, "Embitterment can be a common reaction where some people are excluded from groups that they have a desire to belong to" - or something of that ilk.

In short, your statement is only partially true.

There are certainly people that would like to belong to certain groups and who are excluded, but who can handle that exclusion philosophically and with grace and there are those that can't.

There are also certainly many people who would not touch fame with a bargepole and as for fortune, that is in the eye of the beholder. To some it's good health, family and a reasonable income and they aspire to no more since the first two of these gives them all the joy that they seek in life and the latter is just a necessity since we all need to eat to live.

Groups I don't have any aspiration to belong to:
Freemasons (doesn't interest me, I'm too independent)
Famous people (I value my privacy too much)
Rich people (all that guilt I would have would be too much baggage)

However, any organisation that gathers together (whether exclusively, or otherwise) to help either its own and/or others without prejudice to those who are not part of the same, is of course to be commended.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:02 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Unexpat
Not quite. I'm with PoolLounger.

You should have written, "Embitterment can be a common reaction where some people are excluded from groups that they have a desire to belong to" - or something of that ilk.

In short, your statement is only partially true.

There are certainly people that would like to belong to certain groups and who are excluded, but who can handle that exclusion philosophically and with grace and there are those that can't.

There are also certainly many people who would not touch fame with a bargepole and as for fortune, that is in the eye of the beholder. To some it's good health, family and a reasonable income and they aspire to no more since the first two of these gives them all the joy that they seek in life and the latter is just a necessity since we all need to eat to live.

Groups I don't have any aspiration to belong to:
Freemasons (doesn't interest me, I'm too independent)
Famous people (I value my privacy too much)
Rich people (all that guilt I would have would be too much baggage)

However, any organisation that gathers together (whether exclusively, or otherwise) to help either its own and/or others without prejudice to those who are not part of the same, is of course to be commended.

I stand corrected, now i can un subscribe.

All i said was that its human nature, not that everyone of the 6,500,000,000 people are the same, this forum is proof of that.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

All i said was that its human nature, not that everyone of the 6,500,000,000 people are the same, this forum is proof of that.

How boring would that be, if we were all the same
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if there is some way I could get all those 6,500,000,000 people to give me 1 euro each !!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:31 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
I wonder if there is some way I could get all those 6,500,000,000 people to give me 1 euro each !!
Well a cent each would do !!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

no lecee jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gray C
Hi

Hoping to move to Spain soon. I was wondering if (UGLE) masonry was prevalent in Spain?

I think it would be a good means of making new friends/contacts and even finding part time work (the latter would be a bonus really).

I know many of you will not know the answer to this but I expect there may be some fellow brethren frequenting this forum?

Graham
please can you contact grand lodge in London and they will will give you a list, there is a lodge in Jerez a great way to in prove your Spanish and get involved in local things w.bro
Old Dec 11th 2006, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by no lecee jon
please can you contact grand lodge in London and they will will give you a list, there is a lodge in Jerez a great way to in prove your Spanish and get involved in local things w.bro
W Bro

Many thanks

Graham
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

no lecee jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gray C
W Bro

Many thanks

Graham
END OF THREAD, I THINK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.