Free Wi-Fi

Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mookster will become famous soon enough
Default Free Wi-Fi

Does anyone know if there are any free Wi-Fi zones around denia or the surrounding areas?
or failing that has anyone tried the vodafone dongle and if so whats the reception like ?

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:55 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Free Wi-Fi

Originally Posted by Mookster
Does anyone know if there are any free Wi-Fi zones around denia or the surrounding areas?
or failing that has anyone tried the vodafone dongle and if so whats the reception like ?

Cheers
Mc Donald's....best place to go for free WiFi. And the crap food has loads of msg so it still tastes nice.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Not to sound too aggro, but you could always try a search, I posted a list about a year ago of all the free wifi places in Spain....

or....

You could try Google.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Yes various places around the town are Wi-Fi zones. Two that I have accessed - Casa de Cultura on Plaza Jaime and the Navarra Bar in the Marques de Campo.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not to sound too aggro, but you could always try a search, I posted a list about a year ago of all the free wifi places in Spain....

or....

You could try Google.
or... you can buy a little keyfob sized widget that lights up when it detects WiFi signal. I have one and it has proved it's worth more than once. Shows signal strength but can't tell you if it's encrypted or open.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_day
or... you can buy a little keyfob sized widget that lights up when it detects WiFi signal. I have one and it has proved it's worth more than once. Shows signal strength but can't tell you if it's encrypted or open.
Think you will find that is only legal in an advertised free Wi-fi zone, otherwise it's theft!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Think you will find that is only legal in an advertised free Wi-fi zone, otherwise it's theft!
Not necessarily. many altruistic folks leave their WiFi open for others to use. I have little experience of this in Spain but in the UK and Florida there are many supporters of open network. Should they want to keep it to themselves it's only a couple of mouse clicks to lock it down.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see the problem with nicking someone elses WiFi!!!

Why not, and seriously, who cares?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mookster will become famous soon enough

or....

You could try Google.
Ive been watching this forum for a year off and on so i would be disapointed if you didnt sound aggro Matt

I have looked on lots of sites for the free wifi in spain but they arent always upto date as i found out when over there in my motor home a few months ago.

With regards to the dongle i wanted to know if the signal was good enough as i have a dongle in the UK and sometimes it is worse than been on dial up 10 years ago.

Cheers
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:06 pm
Straw Man.

Ive been watching this forum for a year off and on so i would be disapointed if you didnt sound aggro Matt

I have looked on lots of sites for the free wifi in spain but they arent always upto date as i found out when over there in my motor home a few months ago.

With regards to the dongle i wanted to know if the signal was good enough as i have a dongle in the UK and sometimes it is worse than been on dial up 10 years ago.

Cheers
Not sure if its up to date but I hope it helps.....

http://www.wififreespot.com/europe.html

........ and as Ka Ora said, McCrap burger have The Cloud, and their Coffee isn't too bad.......
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily. many altruistic folks leave their WiFi open for others to use. I have little experience of this in Spain but in the UK and Florida there are many supporters of open network. Should they want to keep it to themselves it's only a couple of mouse clicks to lock it down.
How would you know though?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
How would you know though?
How about if it's open they don't mind you sharing their bandwidth. Seems a reasonable assumption to me.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

How about if it's open they don't mind you sharing their bandwidth. Seems a reasonable assumption to me.
Well I'm not sure if it is.
At my daughters flat in the UK I found myself with a choice of four wireless networks to use should I have chosen to ..... I cant assume that they were inviting me to use them, more normally its a lack of understanding about secure networks
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see the problem with nicking someone elses WiFi!!!
Why not, and seriously, who cares?

I would care if I got this message from rapidshare or megaupload eg.

"your ip address is already downloading a file, please wait until the download is completed" :curse:
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

It is just as illegal here as it is in the UK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.