Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

FREE MONEY (and unlike the Free Beer thread this really is about free money).

FREE MONEY (and unlike the Free Beer thread this really is about free money).

Old May 14th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default FREE MONEY (and unlike the Free Beer thread this really is about free money).

I've been going through the process of setting up a business here in Spain, and during my investigation I've come across a wealth of support and, yes, free money that is available to anyone who wishes to set up in business, or who wished to expand their business, so I thought I would share.

This list is not complete, I am sure there is a lot more out there, but these are the ones I have come accross.

1 CICE. 3000€ + about 50% of your start up costs. For people who want to set up in business or who have recently started a new business.
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/innov...nline/&c=43354

2 Cajasol. Low interest loans up to 15000 euros. No set up fees. Low interest rate currently 4.5% (well, they told me it was low but I haven't checked). Available to people who can't normally seek credit, eg if you do not have nominas.
http://www.fundacioncajasol.es/ and click on "microcréditos".

3 Instituto Andaluz de la Mujer. Only for women who want to set up in business. No details have yet been published about the free grants for this year as they are expected to come out in about a month or two, but they usually pay about 50% of your set up costs including rent/purchase of business premises. http://www.soyempresaria.com/aplicac...clave_f=soyemp

4 Consejo Andaluz Cámara de Comercio. Pays for design of a web page and all things IT related.

5 Cádiz Emprende. Not yet open for applications, but last year the grant was for 6000 euros. Presumably it will be about the same this year too.

There are loads of organisations out there that offer money and support and there is no way I can list them all, so if anyone is interested I suggest you google the following:

Consejería de Empleo de la Junta de Andalucía
Cámara de comercio
Consejería de Innovación, Ciencia y Empresa.
Consejería de Turismo, Comercio y Deporte.
Instituto de la Mujer.
Your local Ayuntamiento.
Junta de Andalucia. http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/servi...lle/59086.html
AMEP Asociación de Empresarias y Profesionales

Many of these organisations also offer support in the form of free assessment of your business idea.
Free business premises (office or warehouse) for the first 2 years of operation. (Cámara de Comercio)
Support groups and invitations to seminars, etc.
Old May 14th 2009, 2:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FREE MONEY (and unlike the Free Beer thread this really is about free money).

Even if you are not Spanish ?

The free beer was to try and make people read the title and look in it for information instead of asking the same questions over and over again.
The info is also in the WIKI now.
Old May 14th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FREE MONEY (and unlike the Free Beer thread this really is about free money).

Originally Posted by jdr
Even if you are not Spanish ?

The free beer was to try and make people read the title and look in it for information instead of asking the same questions over and over again.
The info is also in the WIKI now.
Why would you need to be Spanish? I'm not.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Why would you need to be Spanish? I'm not.
Then you will struggle to get any handouts I am afraid, especially with so many of their own unemployed at the present time, money is scarce.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Then you will struggle to get any handouts I am afraid, especially with so many of their own unemployed at the present time, money is scarce.
Is this an informed remark? Do you know what you are talking about?

I have not struggled to get these handouts at all. I have received a great deal of information and guidance on what I needed to do to get a grant. The only requirement is that you are resident, not Spanish. In fact once I had applied for one grant I then found that I was being pushed towards applying for others too.

The purpose of most of these handouts is to get people OUT of unemployment, and hopefully subsequently generating employment for others as your business expands. Consequently there is quite a big drive in place at the moment and lots of money being thrown at it as a direct result of the rising unemployment.

These grants generally come from government or other official bodies so, unlike smaller businesses perhaps, they are not able to discriminate against you based on your nationality, race, religion or other similar factor.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Is this an informed remark? Do you know what you are talking about?

I have not struggled to get these handouts at all. I have received a great deal of information and guidance on what I needed to do to get a grant. The only requirement is that you are resident, not Spanish. In fact once I had applied for one grant I then found that I was being pushed towards applying for others too.

The purpose of most of these handouts is to get people OUT of unemployment, and hopefully subsequently generating employment for others as your business expands. Consequently there is quite a big drive in place at the moment and lots of money being thrown at it as a direct result of the rising unemployment.

These grants generally come from government or other official bodies so, unlike smaller businesses perhaps, they are not able to discriminate against you based on your nationality, race, religion or other similar factor.
Read rule one. ;-))
I was just going on grants I have applied for, but as you know best, disregard the question. ;-)
Why don`t you start a blog on how you get on HERE, then if it happens we can see when and how it happens, and people will be able to read it and learn how to get a grant in the future.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:29 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of grants given to people of all nationalities to help start a business in Spain.

The best one to apply for is a guaranteed sum of 20k to buy equipment and prepare premises.
THIS IS A GRANT IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PAID BACK.

There are a few requirements to be met.

1. it must be a legitimate business.
2. All employees must have contract and pay social security.
3. All applicants must be over the age of 80 and have the application signed by BOTH parents.

Hope this is of help

Regards,

JLFS
Old May 14th 2009, 3:34 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

You may find that your UK qualifications will not qualify you for the following quote.

Servicios Profesionales Avanzados, para dotar a Andalucía de una red de profesionales que den servicios de primer nivel a las empresas andaluzas; Actividades Económicas Tecnológicas y Actividades Económicas y Profesionales Tradicionales que favorezcan tanto la reactivación económica de Andalucía, como la incorporación a la actividad de personas desempleadas o que tengan un carácter diferenciador o singular en su ámbito de actuación.

You may need to return to further education in Spain, such as Electricians need to show there qualified using Spanish regs etc etc.Also you need to show your goin to employ people.

The way i translated the above would be if I was to open a small manufacuring unit and was a new technology to the area that could provide a growth high enough to employ people, but require some assistance in the initial set up.Most EU countries do that, but it is not given to businesses such as bars, resturants, dog walking, estate agents or property management.

I know a few Autonomo`s who haven`t got any help in Spain, but there Spanish not living in Andalucia.

Last edited by livit; May 14th 2009 at 3:38 pm.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Read rule one. ;-))
I was just going on grants I have applied for, but as you know best, disregard the question. ;-)
Why don`t you start a blog on how you get on HERE, then if it happens we can see when and how it happens, and people will be able to read it and learn how to get a grant in the future.
No, no blog, I can't be bothered and don't spend enough time on BritishExpats to do that. So regarding progress all I will say is that I was approved for the Cadiz Emprende grant, my application for the CICE grant was accepted this week and am keeping my eyes peeled for the Instituto de la Mujer one when that is green lighted soon.

The extent of the general information I intend to impart is contained in Post 1 unless anyone has any specific questions.

Now JDR, you applied for grants and did not get them? On what basis were you refused the grants? Who was the issuing body and what type of grant was it? Letting us know what is NOT available is equally as useful as knowing what is available.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by livit
You may find that your UK qualifications will not qualify you for the following quote.

Servicios Profesionales Avanzados, para dotar a Andalucía de una red de profesionales que den servicios de primer nivel a las empresas andaluzas; Actividades Económicas Tecnológicas y Actividades Económicas y Profesionales Tradicionales que favorezcan tanto la reactivación económica de Andalucía, como la incorporación a la actividad de personas desempleadas o que tengan un carácter diferenciador o singular en su ámbito de actuación.

You may need to return to further education in Spain, such as Electricians need to show there qualified using Spanish regs etc etc.Also you need to show your goin to employ people.

The way i translated the above would be if I was to open a small manufacuring unit and was a new technology to the area that could provide a growth high enough to employ people, but require some assistance in the initial set up.Most EU countries do that, but it is not given to businesses such as bars, resturants, dog walking, estate agents or property management.

I know a few Autonomo`s who haven`t got any help in Spain, but there Spanish not living in Andalucia.
If you don't qualify for one grant all you have to do is look for another.

I applied for three grants and qualifications were not a requisite for any of them.

Being resident, (being female in one case), living in Andalucia, preparing a business plan, registering the business before end of 2009 and paying SS for at least 12 months on the otherhand were some of the requisites I have to complete.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

No, no blog, I can't be bothered and don't spend enough time on BritishExpats to do that. So regarding progress all I will say is that I was approved for the Cadiz Emprende grant, my application for the CICE grant was accepted this week and am keeping my eyes peeled for the Instituto de la Mujer one when that is green lighted soon.

The extent of the general information I intend to impart is contained in Post 1 unless anyone has any specific questions.

Now JDR, you applied for grants and did not get them? On what basis were you refused the grants? Who was the issuing body and what type of grant was it? Letting us know what is NOT available is equally as useful as knowing what is available.
The grant I applied for and did not get will not help you I am afraid.
But i will say that at the same time they agreed to give poor Ronnie Corbett a 30,000 quid grant from tax payers money for new windows in his house.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:49 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

What is the business that you got the grant for ?

How much truth is involved, as anybody can state they got a grant.I did yesterday for £112,000,000,000,000.00 all i did was send a few E Mails to people.
Old May 14th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by livit
What is the business that you got the grant for ?
I´ll PM the answer - don't want to be accused of advertising!
Old May 14th 2009, 4:20 pm
Banned

I´ll PM the answer - don't want to be accused of advertising!
I`m supprised.

A few months ago not even Banks would give out start up loans for that.Even with a contract to supply services to a business.

I extemely supprised you could give a business plan that covered the clauses on the link you provided.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:24 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Well good luck - i hope all works out for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.