Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

FREE long term parking Malaga?

FREE long term parking Malaga?

Old Jul 20th 2011, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute
Default FREE long term parking Malaga?

Haven't flown from Malaga for a while and I believe that now the new terminal is finished the P3 car park is no longer free.
Is there an alternative now and do people still park on the bits of land all along the road.
It used to amaze me how many cars used to be parked on the side of the road, most covered in an inch of dust looking like they had been there for years, especially when the P3 car park was open and free.
Any advice please.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FREE long term parking Malaga?

A word of warning, be careful parking anywhere "free", many cases recently of cars being parked P3 (when available) and on the road being "keyed"
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
A word of warning, be careful parking anywhere "free", many cases recently of cars being parked P3 (when available) and on the road being "keyed"
Thanks for that.
What do you mean "P3 when available"? I thought it no longer existed or was not free anymore.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lifted from another forum

Have just used the P3 car park at Malaga airport and found it first class, the rates for undercover parking are 5.10e per day and after 11 days it drops to 3.80e per day, just follow signs to " P3 " when you go through the tunnel ,the shuttle bus drops you outside security at terminal 2 and on arrival back at Malaga the bus is outside arrivals where the buses to City centre etc are waiting, I have nothing to do with this company but would just like to pass on my experiences which were very good, pre booking can be made at " parkandboard.com"

Hope the OP on the other forum minds not.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.parkingcostagolf.com/ ,3.50 A DAY , Have used them many times and very happy ,also free minibus to and from the airport .

They are opposite Leroy Merlin & Decathlon.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lyric050203

Have just used the P3 car park at Malaga airport and found it first class, the rates for undercover parking are 5.10e per day and after 11 days it drops to 3.80e per day, just follow signs to " P3 " when you go through the tunnel ,the shuttle bus drops you outside security at terminal 2 and on arrival back at Malaga the bus is outside arrivals where the buses to City centre etc are waiting, I have nothing to do with this company but would just like to pass on my experiences which were very good, pre booking can be made at " parkandboard.com"

Thanks for that info.
The problem I have is that I have no return date as yet but it's going to be at least a couple of months.
Trying to arrange a lift at the mo but sods law everyone is on holiday
Taxi is 200€ which is double the cost of the 5 flights. I guess it's a sign of the times that flying is cheaper than gettingthere or parking
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:51 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Thanks for that info.
The problem I have is that I have no return date as yet but it's going to be at least a couple of months.
Trying to arrange a lift at the mo but sods law everyone is on holiday
Taxi is 200€ which is double the cost of the 5 flights. I guess it's a sign of the times that flying is cheaper than gettingthere or parking
Train???? For us its actually, cheaper, easier and quicker to go by train. So maybe park or get a taxi near a station??

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Jul 21st 2011 at 11:01 am.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:25 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Train???? For us its actually, cheaper, easier and quicker to go by train. So maybe park or get a taxi near a station??

Jo xxx
Same for me, living in Granada its an Alsa coach down to Bus Station in Malaga, catch a train out to the airport, coming up right outside the main entrance

I know its new but the trains are quiet, clean, well built. The only complaint I have is the trains are every 30mins but at €1.50 (?) each way it is very cost effective.

Are there any plans to rebuild\replace the bus station ?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:40 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Same for me, living in Granada its an Alsa coach down to Bus Station in Malaga, catch a train out to the airport, coming up right outside the main entrance

I know its new but the trains are quiet, clean, well built. The only complaint I have is the trains are every 30mins but at €1.50 (?) each way it is very cost effective.

Are there any plans to rebuild\replace the bus station ?
there were plans yes, but........?????? I think the trains are amazing. Before we realised, it used to cost 5€ in petrol and a round trip of an hours stressful drive from our house in Torremuelle, Benalmadena - bearing in mind my husband commutes once a week. Now its a two walk to the station, 1,60€ (just had a fare increase lol) and a 20 minute train journey. Yes, the trains are quiet, clean, well built and of course CHEAP! We can put up with the inconvenience of half an hour between them, at least they are always on time and regular and they drop you off right in the new terminal at the airport

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:55 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
there were plans yes, but........?????? I think the trains are amazing. Before we realised, it used to cost 5€ in petrol and a round trip of an hours stressful drive from our house in Torremuelle, Benalmadena - bearing in mind my husband commutes once a week. Now its a two walk to the station, 1,60€ (just had a fare increase lol) and a 20 minute train journey. Yes, the trains are quiet, clean, well built and of course CHEAP! We can put up with the inconvenience of half an hour between them, at least they are always on time and regular and they drop you off right in the new terminal at the airport

Jo xxx
Hi Jo, obviously we have the same hymn sheet

my last trip was 3min walk to bus stop, into town, 5min walk to railway station, train to Stansted, plane to Malaga, train to Malaga, bus to Granada and then a 15min walk to home.

no petrol, no parking, even the bus to Granada was only €12 IIRC
the only bit that needed to be paid for was the train as the rest was paid for on the internet
very carbon efficient but more importantly efficient on my pocket
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203

You maybe have breached his copyright.