Reload this Page >

Free broadband with no line ? mijas

Free broadband with no line ? mijas

Old Dec 16th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

martyf1 will become famous soon enoughmartyf1 will become famous soon enough
Default Free broadband with no line ? mijas

Hi

There are one or two companies in the Sur in English offering free broadband when they install an arial for Euro 200 on your roof - has anyone used these - do they work ? I am in calahonda.

I dont have a phone line and this would be an ideal solution.

cheers
Old Dec 16th 2008, 12:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free broadband with no line ? mijas

Originally Posted by martyf1
Hi

There are one or two companies in the Sur in English offering free broadband when they install an arial for Euro 200 on your roof - has anyone used these - do they work ? I am in calahonda.

cheers
It`s too good to be true. lol
Old Dec 16th 2008, 12:49 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I know that when "Interlink Espana" set up in my area (Chiclana) they offered the same sort of deal - and honoured it.

Davexf
Old Dec 16th 2008, 2:15 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

city hall free broadband you just need ext Ant to get it
think can be slow at times due it been free ,be told
Old Dec 16th 2008, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

cheers
If you enquire, post again....be sure whether or not you need line of sight to any particular aerial (in Calahonda that shouldn't be an issue) .. I'm struggling to find an alternative to the system I've got, which is 115kbps!!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is one that advertises 20€`s a month for 24/7, when I said it was crap as I couldn`t pick them up the reply was, "oh you need an aerial and thats 200€`s" so it`s not a very WIFI service then.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Yes I think those paid for services are just reselling on the free community broadband, or something similar - I would be very happy with a free one even if slow.

If you have to buy the equipment anyway, might as well go for the free one ?

cheers
Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

If you don't have a phone line why don't you just go for the Vodafone USB modem solution? All you need is your computer and the USB modem they will give you for free. As long as you have mobile phone reception in your area it will work. I am sure Calahonda should not be a problem at all. Check out the Vodafone store or the Alcampo in La Canada mall. They both should have a supply of them.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:48 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Why only Vodaphone? yoigo or movistar or orange are also possibilities - some better than others as regards to quantity, speeds etc

Davexf
Old Dec 17th 2008, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
If you don't have a phone line why don't you just go for the Vodafone USB modem solution? All you need is your computer and the USB modem they will give you for free. As long as you have mobile phone reception in your area it will work. I am sure Calahonda should not be a problem at all. Check out the Vodafone store or the Alcampo in La Canada mall. They both should have a supply of them.
Is that all? No need to have one of the mountaintop aerials in view?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:34 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

I use a USB dongle from Movistar - and yes it is all I need wherever in Spain I am. I have used it in many town, cities and even in Extramadura whilst on holiday. However, whilst the "slow mo" GPRS is available whenever you have a phone signal, the much faster 3.5G may not be, so it is worth checking. In Extramadura I had to drive from my rented cottage to the town (5 Km) to get the faster signal.

Davexf
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Is that all? No need to have one of the mountaintop aerials in view?
If you have a 3G mobile and it shows good 3G reception at your house, then it should be ok. If it's really hilly where you are, or the nearest mast is too far away, you will be worse off than you are. In fact what you have now is almost the same thing but using an aerial instead of a dongle.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:26 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Just be wary of those free broadband no line required things. I know someone who got one some time ago, and had to shelll out 200 euros for equipment. Then it never worked as they werent in coverage and never got any money back.

I know a lot of people dont like them. But I'm running on a 6meg telefonica internet connection and I cant complain about it, its fast and reliable.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Was going to do use the dogle but at €69 for 3 months, I would have the arial for €200 paid off in under a year - there is a limit of 150MBS on the dongle - does anybody know how much this is, if am just surfing and skyping, without uploading or downloading any pics etc - is 150MBS enough for 3 months use ?

cheers
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Was going to do use the dogle but at €69 for 3 months, I would have the arial for €200 paid off in under a year - there is a limit of 150MBS on the dongle - does anybody know how much this is, if am just surfing and skyping, without uploading or downloading any pics etc - is 150MBS enough for 3 months use ?

cheers
That €69 could easily be used up in a month, or rather, the 150 meg could be, the credit is valid for 3 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.