Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Forum Etiquette

Forum Etiquette

Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Forum Etiquette

So just what is the correct thing to do if you're out having breakfast one morning and you look at the lady on the next table and you think you know who she is on the forum?

Do you keep quiet or do you go across and introduce yourself?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:07 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Forum Etiquette

Originally Posted by dazzle
So just what is the correct thing to do if you're out having breakfast one morning and you look at the lady on the next table and you think you know who she is on the forum?

It's a quintessentially modern dilemma but generally it depends if you are in your home or theirs.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:07 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Go and introduce yourself

Who do you think you saw?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

PM her and confirm
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Well you could look at this two ways....................

You could make a new friend...............................but if its Sam Parky, back away quietly and don't look back.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:10 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
It's a quintessentially modern dilemma but generally it depends if you are in your home or theirs.
Now that's a good point!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:51 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
.............................but if its Sam Parky, back away quietly and don't look back.

You have to be quick on your feet, she's like a whippet...whooosh before you know it you're having coffee and telling her all your secrets.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by crispygirl
You have to be quick on your feet, she's like a whippet...whooosh before you know it you're having coffee and telling her all your secrets.

Dont you mean beer young lady!!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:55 am

If the lady had bad bedhead then it was me, if I was sure then I would say "you may think I'm mad but are you that lady off BE". Just had a thought Dazzle, why not say what day it was and where then the lady may pick up on it. or as sojohn said PM.

Last edited by crispy; Oct 27th 2007 at 12:08 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Well you could look at this two ways....................

You could make a new friend...............................but if its Sam Parky, back away quietly and don't look back.
Hey you, if it wasnt for Crispys reply I wouldnt have notice that remark!!!

Just you wait.......revenge is sweet
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Dont you mean beer young lady!!

you can't get round me by calling me a lady, missie. I don't drink beer I think I had water but yes on your part it was beer, I sit corrected, I see your a lot better now back on the old puter
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:02 pm

you can't get round me by calling me a lady, missie. I don't drink beer I think I had water but yes on your part it was beer, I sit corrected, I see your a lot better now back on the old puter
Much better thanks.

Got the next lot of visitors arriving in a couple of hours, so its a good job Im over it now
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:14 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be delighted if someone sussed who I am whilst out and came over for a chat so if you see me out and and about feel free I don't bite well not hard anyway
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:28 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Hey you, if it wasnt for Crispys reply I wouldnt have notice that remark!!!

Just you wait.......revenge is sweet
Sooooooooooooooo slow!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Just had a thought Dazzle, why not say what day it was and where then the lady may pick up on it.
They have these columns in the celebrity gossip pages

So, who was spotted in La Barrosa, enjoying breakfast with her grandchildren on Tuesday morning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.