Form S1

Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Form S1

When we moved here we registered as autonomo and therefore had healthcare.

I am now entitled to a S1 which I applied for through Newcastle. This arrived about 4 months ago and we visited the local INSS and handed in the forms which then had to be passed to the main INSS office in Lugo. In the meantime we visited the tax office and cancelled the autonomo.

A week ago the forms came back from Lugo, the S1 for me and the dependants, and form E106 for each of us.

Yesterday I visited the local INSS and asked what I was supposed to do with these papers now as our original healthcards had now been cancelled. Her reply was that even with the S1 we were not entitled to any healthcare because we were not working.

Has anyone got ideas on what I am supposed to do now. The doctors surgery could not help either. It is really worrying me as the OH, and two of my children need regular medication and all the electronic prescriptions have been cancelled.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:06 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form S1

Hi

I received my S1 form the other day and took it to my local health centre where they issued me with a social security number and another piece of paper to get free health care after my 65th birthday (later this month).

I took my passport + photocopy, Tarjeta de residencia + photocopy, NIE (green) + photocopy, and my volante de empadronamiento + photocopy.

The nice young lady had me in & out within 20 minutes !!! Could have knocked me down wiv a feather !!!

Davexf
Old Sep 9th 2011, 2:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123

I am now entitled to a S1 which I applied for through Newcastle. This arrived about 4 months ago and we visited the local INSS and handed in the forms which then had to be passed to the main INSS office in Lugo. In the meantime we visited the tax office and cancelled the autonomo.

A week ago the forms came back from Lugo, the S1 for me and the dependants, and form E106 for each of us.

Yesterday I visited the local INSS and asked what I was supposed to do with these papers now as our original healthcards had now been cancelled. Her reply was that even with the S1 we were not entitled to any healthcare because we were not working.

Has anyone got ideas on what I am supposed to do now. The doctors surgery could not help either. It is really worrying me as the OH, and two of my children need regular medication and all the electronic prescriptions have been cancelled.
As far as I know, the forms you get from the INSS just have to be taken to the clinic where they register you with a doctor.
Contact UKinSpain who is a member on here, they will help you out with the problem hopefully.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I received my S1 form the other day and took it to my local health centre where they issued me with a social security number and another piece of paper to get free health care after my 65th birthday (later this month).

I took my passport + photocopy, Tarjeta de residencia + photocopy, NIE (green) + photocopy, and my volante de empadronamiento + photocopy.

The nice young lady had me in & out within 20 minutes !!! Could have knocked me down wiv a feather !!!

Davexf
Well in the last two days we have spent 5 hours in the GPs surgery. I have got an S1 because I am on long term benefits - not because I am of pensionable age. I have phoned Overseas Newcastle twice today but they cannot help and told me to contact the Embassy in Madrid. They are closed today.

Does anyone know of a link to a Spanish site that gives details of the rules of a S1 so that I could print it off and give it to the receptionist?
Old Sep 9th 2011, 5:46 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

The form E106 has now been replaced by the S1 so you shouldn't have been given it - this is a clear case of your local INSS being out-of-date with the facts. The S1 form came in last year some time but some areas are still not really sure of the rules etc.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:00 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

S1 forms should be dealt with by the local social security office in Spain, if they don't understand it they can make a phone call to superiors, they will give you a paper to take to the health centre and you should recieve a card in the post within a week or so, it really is easy if you get the right staff in the social security office, hope this helps.

Don't give up. Remember in Spain a two minute jobs can take two days.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Does anyone know of a link to a Spanish site that gives details of the rules of a S1 so that I could print it off and give it to the receptionist?
Not in Spanish I'm afraid but this might help.

http://www.helpvegabaja.com/pdf/health_care.pdf

I might be wrong but would not working in Spain disqualify you from UK benefits ?

Last edited by Im_and_Er; Sep 9th 2011 at 9:04 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
S1 forms should be dealt with by the local social security office in Spain, if they don't understand it they can make a phone call to superiors, they will give you a paper to take to the health centre and you should recieve a card in the post within a week or so, it really is easy if you get the right staff in the social security office, hope this helps.

Don't give up. Remember in Spain a two minute jobs can take two days.
Yes that's the way it worked for me, though mine was the E106. It all went like clockwork and I received my health card within two weeks.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
Not in Spanish I'm afraid but this might help.

http://www.helpvegabaja.com/pdf/health_care.pdf

I might be wrong but would not working in Spain disqualify you from UK benefits ?
I do not work - my OH was autonomo but this has been cancelled. I receive benefits from the UK which entitles me to an S1.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

DWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to allDWPinSpain is a name known to all

The INSS were mistaken to tell you the S1 didn't entitle you to healthcare because you weren't working. If you don't get any further joy, you can call the Dirección Provincial of the INSS in your area and ask to talk to Convenienes Internacionales por Asistencia Sanitaria.

They will be more used to dealing with these cases.