Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Food for thought.

Food for thought.

Old May 25th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Question Food for thought.

Should people be concerned or not about the contents on this link? http://www.spanishproperty.co.uk/cos...rtant_info.php
Old May 25th 2005, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Food for thought.

I can't get this link to work, is it just me?
Old May 25th 2005, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazzle
I can't get this link to work, is it just me?
It works fine although for some reason its very slow to open so please be patient.
Old May 25th 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
It works fine although for some reason its very slow to open so please be patient.

No I'm still getting the "This page cannot be displayed" page.
Old May 25th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Food for thought.

Originally Posted by dazzle
No I'm still getting the "This page cannot be displayed" page.
Did you try to copy and paste into your browser bar?

http://www.spanishproperty.co.uk/cos...rtant_info.php

It does take awhile to open but it is well worth the wait - good luck!!
Old May 25th 2005, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I read somewhere that if you respond via their contact page and give an email address you get bombarded with spam for ever more.

Note that there appears to be no contact details just an invitation to contact them with an email address. This is opportunism at its worst and they are no better, but probably no worse, than all of the other unscrupulous agents that we read about.

There also are many anomalies in the text with reveal their provenance.
Old May 26th 2005, 8:09 am
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
This is opportunism at its worst and they are no better, but probably no worse, than all of the other unscrupulous agents.....
It looks like some areas of the Costa de la Luz are developing the Costa del Sol Estate Agent's disease. And I thought Cadiz had a handle on this...................
Old May 26th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScotinSpain
It looks like some areas of the Costa de la Luz are developing the Costa del Sol Estate Agent's disease. And I thought Cadiz had a handle on this...................
Whats the Costa del Sol Estates Agents disease?
Old May 26th 2005, 10:53 am
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Whats the Costa del Sol Estates Agents disease?
Have a look on some of the other Expat websites mitzipurr

Overcharging commisions, poor advice AT BEST, consorting with lawyers, no support AFTER the cheque is signed, not paying their own staff commissions for MONTHS (it's the only way they retain them ), need I go on. It's getting WORSE as the market flattens. It looked like the Costa de la Luz was not so bad initially, but time marches on, and so does the plague.

Having said that, some of the smaller, local, Spanish EAs do give a good service at a reasonable price . It pays to look around.

Jock
Old May 26th 2005, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

CorAnglais is an unknown quantity at this point

Note that there appears to be no contact details just an invitation to contact them with an email address. This is opportunism at its worst and they are no better, but probably no worse, than all of the other unscrupulous agents that we read about.

Sounds as though they're giving excellent advice to me. Their contact details are clearly available on their site if you use your eyes--

http://www.spanishproperty.co.uk/contact_us.htm
Old May 27th 2005, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

This page has been added since I made my comment. Previously there was just a contact form to fill in with no address, telephone number or email address.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Chris Mercer is an unknown quantity at this point

I read somewhere that if you respond via their contact page and give an email address you get bombarded with spam for ever more.

I would like to know where you read that we send out spam? We do not and would not do so.

We have always shown our full address, contact numbers etc on our web site. Why would we not? We are reputable Estate Agents with 22 years experience of selling Spanish property. Therefore to suggest that we are unscrupulous is totally unfair and unfounded.

Would you explain the anomalies in the text that you refer to and would you also explain "their provenance".

If you feel that by exposing the unscrupulous agents that sell illegal properties to their fellow countrymen is wrong, you of course are entitled to your opinion. I, however feel that more attention should be paid to this subject and that everyone should be in no doubt that there is an enormous problem that could result in properties being demolished and the owners fined.

I have no problem with warning people of the potential dangers of buying property. I only wish that more people employed a good lawyer who carried out the necessary checks to establish the legality of the property.

At Mercers we always recommend our clients use the services of a reputable lawyer, we also make sure that all property we sell is thoroughly checked by our own lawyers and that it is 100% legal.

Chris Mercer
Mercers
Old Jun 4th 2005, 7:10 am
Very Old Member!

Must admit Mercer's rental prices are good :

http://www.spanishproperty.co.uk/vie...location=Costa

Do you do flights and hire car at the same rate?

With prices like this, what chance does the rest of Spain have

Jock