Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flood Damage are you covered.

Flood Damage are you covered.

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:34 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Flood Damage are you covered.

A friend of Mrs P stated the other day that her house was badly flooded last Saturday as we had flash floods here causing tracks and man hole covers to be lifted etc. When she went to her insurance company they told her she was not covered for this sort of damage and thus could not make a claim. I don't know the name of her insurance company or the extent of the damage but is that normal here in Spain because the press tell us its 340 days of sunshine they don't cover you for flood damage. I must say I haven't read my small print but will do so ASAP. Has anybody else had a problem as there has been some terrible rain much more consistent down South.

Getting cold now.

Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:18 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flood Damage are you covered.

get out the paper work and see what there cover for , insurance , do not want to pay ut for any think ......
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:43 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Im off to bed good night Jurdyr.

Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:49 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Most policies do not cover flooding and other natural disasters.

This is however covered by an emergency fund set up to cover uninsured risks. Every insurance company has to pay a percentage of all premiums into this central fund.

When we had the big floods down here last year I know of a number of people who had their claims satisfactorily settled under this scheme.