British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Flights booked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/flights-booked-468704/)

sunnydee Jul 24th 2007 10:15 pm

Flights booked

How time flies - it's 11 days since my last thread and there have been ups and downs - well mainly downs regarding cash flow. But it's all sorted now and we are leaving at 9.30am next Thursday. Still loads to do - nothing's changed there :lol:
Finish work tomorrow so I should be tying up loose ends (I hate paperwork!) but thought I'd post here first.
I've done all the research (for that better quality of life!) but have one more question (expect more once I get there) for those in the know - probably Fred. Once my social security payments are being deducted by my employer I thought my children would be covered for health etc. but I read yesterday that was only up to 16. Does anyone know how this affects my daughter who is 16 next month but will still be in full-time education? Will she still be covered and if not do I need to get private medical cover for her until she is working?

spain Jul 24th 2007 10:17 pm

Re: Flights booked

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 5101469)
How time flies - it's 11 days since my last thread and there have been ups and downs - well mainly downs regarding cash flow. But it's all sorted now and we are leaving at 9.30am next Thursday. Still loads to do - nothing's changed there :lol:
Finish work tomorrow so I should be tying up loose ends (I hate paperwork!) but thought I'd post here first.
I've done all the research (for that better quality of life!) but have one more question (expect more once I get there) for those in the know - probably Fred. Once my social security payments are being deducted by my employer I thought my children would be covered for health etc. but I read yesterday that was only up to 16. Does anyone know how this affects my daughter who is 16 next month but will still be in full-time education? Will she still be covered and if not do I need to get private medical cover for her until she is working?

I think she will it will just be a case of proving she is in full time education - so probably a few forms to fill out and send to social office

sunnydee Jul 24th 2007 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by spain (Post 5101480)
I think she will it will just be a case of proving she is in full time education - so probably a few forms to fill out and send to social office

Thank you - it's what I thought - oh well I will just add that to my form filling list for when I arrive.

spain Jul 24th 2007 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by sunnydee (Post 5101531)
Thank you - it's what I thought - oh well I will just add that to my form filling list for when I arrive.

:rofl: well you will have loads of those so bring a box of biros :p