Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flights back to the UK

Flights back to the UK

Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:11 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future
Default Flights back to the UK

From your own personal experience what airline have you found to be the cheapest for flights between your local Spanish and UK airport?

I have found Easyjet the cheapest from Glasgow to Alicante with FlyGlobespan always being about £10 dearer while Ryanair are always by far the most expensive, and Ryanair fly to Murcia.

Has anyone ever booked a flight only with one of the charter airlines such as MyTravel or First Choice?

Just interested to see if the cheapest airline varies between different routes or if it is largely the same.

Last edited by Andy1l; Jan 19th 2007 at 2:44 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights back to the UK

As long as I book at the right time I find Gatwick to Almeria with Easyjet very good value. To be fair though I do not have much choice unless I go to Malaga.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

we tend to fly to the UK with Easyjet from Alicante, and back with Ryanair to Murcia, main reason is flight time, prices seem to be about the same, however Ryanair do want to start services from Alicante now the new terminal has opened, so we will wait and see.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andy1l
From your own personal experience what airline have you found to be the cheapest for flights between your local Spanish and UK airport?

I have found Easyjet the cheapest from Glasgow to Alicante with FlyGlobespan always being about £10 dearer while Ryanair are always by far the most expensive, and Ryanair fly to Murcia.

Has anyone ever booked a flight only with one of the charter airlines such as MyTravel or First Choice?

Just interested to see if the cheapest airline varies between different routes or if it is largely the same.
Clickair very cheap from Healthrow to Seville and Valencia - quoted prices include taxes.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

kelterjon is an unknown quantity at this point

We have also used jet2 and thomsonfly. I think it all depends on how early in advance you book, as when the flights first come out you can get a really good deal. Another good way to compare is to go on travelsupermarket.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:12 am
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

We flew Ryanair from Madrid (Terminal 1) to Nottingham over Christmas, total cost for 2 60euros including poirity boarding passes. I like flying Ryanair as its the only time I get to sit at the front of the plane

Had it not been for family and the great christmas sales we would have gone right back, weather is horrible yuck!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Time and time and time again I have found Thomsonfly.com to be cheaper than anyone else in our old area (Birmingham) for Valencia by a large margin .... unfortunately you have to travel from Coventry.

I know I can get cheaper maybe if I fly from Luton or Stansted, but the prices they charge are even allowing me to fly home for a game of golf!!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice

We fly to Almeria and have used either Ryanair or Easyjet from Stansted depending on who is cheaper at the time on booking. However Monarch are starting a service from Luton in May and we will fly from there. Although the air fare is higher, Luton is nearer home so someone will always take us to the airport so we instantly save around £80-£100 in car parking. I think you just have to weigh everything up
Old Jan 21st 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We fly ryaniar, we fly in to granada or jerez and then hire a car down to cds.
Last flights we had for 2 adults and 3 children was £89.00 return.

Tend to book when they have there sales
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

frankcoleman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have always found EasyJet the best from Malaga but at the same time for a trip up the road to Gib there is a pretty good service to Heathrow, if you can take the landing!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Have looked at other airline prices on the net but go Easy Jet every time, also always found their staff on board very friendly and helpful, did once book with Britannia, never again, although a bargain price the staff were quite rude.

Depending which airport you go to in UK Monarch are also very good, unfortunately do not fly to the airport in UK that we use.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I fly into either Luton or Gatwick and Birmingham. I also flown Easy Jet, Fly be, BMI Baby, Thompson, Monarch, My Travel. The price can vary from one transporter to another, quite considerably on some days. I tend to prefer Monarch and am a frequent flyer now with them.

But if you try www.skyscanner.net it can often tell you who the cheapest is on the day you want to fly from all the airports. It covers most of the above. Half terms and holidays are a good time to avoid as the price goes up considerably.