Flies

Old Jul 8th 2014, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flies

Can anyone suggest a good way of controlling flies? Our whole area is plagued with them at present- quite literally go outside for less than five minutes and you look like a fly paper or currant bun!

We have fly and wasp traps down and are collecting a few but there is no way they can cope with the quantities we have. We were told by a local that its because the local town hall has not undertaken any pest control this year, it shows!

This is really spoiling the summer, we can't get outside in comfort until gone 9pm on a night never mind family wanting to sunbathe during the day.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flies

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Can anyone suggest a good way of controlling flies? Our whole area is plagued with them at present- quite literally go outside for less than five minutes and you look like a fly paper or currant bun!

We have fly and wasp traps down and are collecting a few but there is no way they can cope with the quantities we have. We were told by a local that its because the local town hall has not undertaken any pest control this year, it shows!

This is really spoiling the summer, we can't get outside in comfort until gone 9pm on a night never mind family wanting to sunbathe during the day.
I would put in a complaint to the council.
All other methods wouldn't be successful, given the severity of the problem
Old Jul 8th 2014, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have to move home, I would struggle to live like that, Id feel I was living in Africa, I feel for you..................where I am only a few streets away the cash machine is covered in fly's and the bar next door has no net over the tapas food or the tortilla, ****ing disgusting, I said Ill never ever go in there again, A German geezer runs (its clean) and he said I can have a table tonight, I do not think so !!!

There is always a fly somewhere in my place but I have a swat and there is not hoards of them.

I hope you can get some results from the council, what about the other residents ???
Old Jul 9th 2014, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

The expats in the village are like us, spend more time swatting and complaining about them. Outside the local bar you can tell the expats, there the ones with fly swatters and sprays.

The locals just accept them crawling up and down their arms and legs and landing on faces Funding for all pest control has been withdrawn yet they still go along with a water tanker watering the plants and trees by the roadside every day! I guess it will be like the UK shortly no pest control and everywhere has mice and rats!

We do expect them in September along with many wasps, its normal with all the grape harvesting,we put up with them then, but if its going to be like this for the next 3 months it could be unbearable.

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Jul 9th 2014 at 6:18 am.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone expects flies in Spain, but what you are suffering is intolerable, and a health hazard, so you should contact the relevant office at the town hall, and emphasise the effect this is having on you.