Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fishing in Hondon de las nieves

Fishing in Hondon de las nieves

Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Diddy Di will become famous soon enough
Default Fishing in Hondon de las nieves

My husband is quite a keen fisherman & would like to know where the best places are, anyone know?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:58 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing in Hondon de las nieves

Originally Posted by Diddy Di
My husband is quite a keen fisherman & would like to know where the best places are, anyone know?
Try looking on line at the local English Language papers for the area, most of them have fishing sections.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We have driven a lot of the roads in this area and haven't seen any sign of local angling at all, mores the pity as my wife is quite keen on fishing as well. We have seen a huge lake some distance away though, it's on the Fortuna to Santomera road just before the motorway turnoff, known as the Embalsa de Santomera.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Twyntub has just astonished me by telling me that she knows someone who owns a share in the local trout farm (Hondón Trucha).

I'll get her to find you out the details for you.

http://www.hondontrucha.com/

Last edited by twyntub; Jan 20th 2008 at 7:29 pm. Reason: URL added
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:12 pm
Yorkshire and Hondon

GILBEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diddy Di
Hi

My husband is also a keen fisherman however when I told him about the trout farm he advised me it was a different kind of fishing to what he had equipment for. I guess that will be another trip to the fishing shop then!

We are coming out in Feb so will probably take a look.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

There is a fishing website with a forum for Spain. I will try to find it. I imagine your husband is a course fisherman, lakes, rivers etc.

Had the link on my old laptop so bear with me.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

http://www.go-fishing-spain.com/

There you go google was my friend.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:00 pm
Yorkshire and Hondon

GILBEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john1979
http://www.go-fishing-spain.com/

There you go google was my friend.
Thanks - I'll pass it on to my husband
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Diddy Di will become famous soon enough

Thank you all very much, he wanted to say that.
At least it will keep him out of my hair for a few hours, i am sure you know what i mean ladies !!!
Sorry Mrs Twyntub.... I tried it once & gave the fish a head ache. When i watched the tv they struck really hard, which i did and the fish ended up in a tree!!! it was about 1/2 ounce rather than the twenty pounders on the TV!!!
What do i know & i wasnt told any different.