Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fishing Campello

Fishing Campello

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

rosstoward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fishing Campello

Hey I have just moved to Spain from the NE of England and looking to buddy up with someone or a club to go shore fishing. I live in Castalla but have a spot down Campello, so anywhere along that stretch is good for me.

I want to learn about fishing too over here as I believe its quite different from South Shields

Thanks in advance

Rossy
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing Campello

Make sure you have a licence, both for sea and fresh, if not the cops may well take your equipment away-
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

rosstoward is an unknown quantity at this point

will do, but dunno nothing about anything yet, thats why i need someone to bounce the information off. All i know is you get it from agricultural building in alicante but you have to sit an exam in spanish. I have tried to look on the internet for information but can't find much!!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I dont fish but I thought you went to the local ayuntamiento for a licence, expect someone will be along with details soon
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a beach fishing licence earlier in the year. It cost 5 Euro and lasts for 3 years. It was actually very easy to get once you found the correct office. I went firstly to the Ayuntamiento in Velez Malaga which was not the right place. However thanks to some helpful people there was directed to an office nearby called ORCA or something similar. It is basicly the agricultural department. At this office all the different licences were displayed so I could show the guy what I wanted. He filled the forms in for me I signed, took form to bank and paid, returned with form and he printed the licence off there and then. I believe the fresh water licence is a very different matter as you have to pass a written test prior to applying? No such test for beach licence. As for technique well I have only caught small fish so far and tbey have been few and far between. It is basicly much lighter gear than the North Sea set up. Mind much more pleasant sat on the rocks nice and warm watching a lovely sunset over the Med rather than freezing your bits off at Newbiggin by the sea lol

Last edited by bobd22; Dec 3rd 2014 at 9:03 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Your local fishing shop will give you most of the information you need, they will normally be able to get your licences for you, they will charge extra but it's not a great deal and saves all the trouble, a sea fishing licence from the shore in Comunidad Valanciana costs around €28 for five years, this is more expensive than other regions and is valid throughout Spain and her islands, so if you are up for the challenge you could go to another region to buy your cheaper licence and use it in your region but we are not talking about much money.

The fresh water licence in Comunidad Valanciana is around €26 for 3 years and can only be used in the region of issue, there is in theory a test you are supposed to take for the fresh water licence but if you have a UK one this is waved.

As to gear and technique it will of course as in the UK depend on what you are fishing for and what you are fishing over, as has been said the gear is normaly lighter, the water is very clear so presentation is more crucial, if you are fishing over weed/rocks (where the fish often are) the gear needs to be heavier as there are lots of snags, a long rod can often help from the rocks as it allows you to clear obstacles in front of your swim