Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

First steps after lockdown

First steps after lockdown

Old Apr 18th 2020, 10:20 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First steps after lockdown

Most dentists offer an emergency service. Ours has a 2 hour daily slot, but obviously you need an appointment. Ask them to email you the appointment details so if you are stopped by the police you can prove where you are going.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fred good point.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough

Just my thoughts, but I feel May 10th will be the date for a partial lifting of restrictions. What would be lovely in the meantime, if people were allowed out for exercise. My wife and I are lucky, as we live right next door to olive fields and can walk our dog. I have been told, whether true or false, that those of us over 70 may have to be in lockdown longer.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Most dentists offer an emergency service. Ours has a 2 hour daily slot, but obviously you need an appointment. Ask them to email you the appointment details so if you are stopped by the police you can prove where you are going.
Managed to contact a local dentist they are only dealing with emergency appointments as you mentioned Fred. I have got one for Monday morning so hopefully all will be resolved then. Thanks for your help Fred.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liv...238245164.html
Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Start of the end of the lockdown
https://english.elpais.com/society/2...-april-27.html
Old Apr 19th 2020, 9:46 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

On the other hand, apparently they are considering keeping bars, restaurants and hotels closed until the end of the year.

https://www.elmundo.es/economia/2020...1be8c07e2.html
Old Apr 19th 2020, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

My dogs are not even allowed in the street even on a lead. I live only about 100 metres from the campo but can't get there without breaking the local rules. Poor things have not been out for 6 weeks.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Patrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the roughPatrick2976 is a jewel in the rough

It looks like Andalucia may lead the way with the lifting of restrictions as the death figures continue to fall...
https://english.elpais.com/society/2...n-a-month.html
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 4:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me for commenting, not being an ex pat now but recognising so many old names here. I only "dropped in" to deliver some news to Fred James

The general sensible view in the UK is that things just aren't going to be normal again in the same sense that they were. The virus doesn't seem to be fully understood, and there is talk of the vaccine taking years to produce. We dont know if the virus will just simply disappear or even if there will be a second wave. So its going to be a long period of uncertainty and certainly from a personal point of view I will continue social distancing, avoiding large gatherings such as concerts and football matches and sadly travel plans could well be affected for some time to come. I was due to fly to Canada in September, but thats looking less and less likely even if lock down is over by then.

So that's just a UK perspective and view, that the new normal is not something that we will recognise from life before COVID-19

Keep safe - keep well
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I agree totally things will just not revert to exactly as they were before all this started. The world has changed and the knock-on effects will be felt for a very long time by us all.

The lockdown ending is just the first step of a very long and probably frustrating road.
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

First steps after lockdown will be for all those people who have put off seeking medical help for other non Covid health problems to get down to GP/hospital. The unnecessary deaths which will result from people understandably staying aware will dwarf those caused by Covid. Maybe by a factor of five or even ten depending on how long people continue to shun going to the health service.

my elderly dads teeth are shocking. He needed work in Dec but his appointment was only a ten minute check up so the dentist said cannot do anything today except take money off you. I rang today to see if his June one is for treatment as another filling has dropped out of his five remaining teeth and no it was a ten minute check up. So that is now a half hour job to remove one loose tooth from December and fill two . They did offer to supply me with a free DIY filling repair kit........ I am not Bob Mortimer!
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 4:14 pm

I heard on the radio this morning that a guy whose job included picking up cervical cancer swabs from surgeries, that he normally collects 200 a week. Last week he collected only 5.

I am as concerned as anyone else about the risks of going into the health centre or hospital. This week I had a call from our hospital asking me to come in the next day for an appointment which they had cancelled a week ago. I declined it. I have spent 7 weeks in total isolation and I am not about to visit a hospital which has over 100 infected patients.

In my case it was a routine checkup but many people with new, serious symptoms are just avoiding a visit to the doctor. That can only have serious long term consequences.

Old Apr 23rd 2020, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Next steps? How about testing and vaccination for key workers , important people and the politicians of course. Ordinary people kept at home with old and vulnerable people at the back of the queue. They can or are after all staying in. I base that on something our illustrious EU leader said “ she expects the older to be locked down until the end of the year”.

meanwhile Greece thinks it will restart limited tourism in July. Laudable and maybe achievable through a sort of first class society i.e. those with a clean , vaccinated health passport and of course frequent testing e.g. arrive at airport, temp test on embarking and arrival. And vice versa on return.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 8:44 pm

Old and vulnerable people will be first in the queue after essential workers. They are the only ones who get free Flu jabs so it will be the same with CV. they don’t really care if the virus kills you but it costs too much in the process so it’s cheaper to keep you alive rather than taking up ITU beds in the process of dying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.