Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

First high-speed AVE train with passengers arrived in Valencia today!

First high-speed AVE train with passengers arrived in Valencia today!

Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:14 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default First high-speed AVE train with passengers arrived in Valencia today!

According to the report (in Spanish) you'll be able to get a fast train daily to Madrid from 19 December. The journey will take a little over one and a half hours.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/1...286981068.html
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First high-speed AVE train with passengers arrived in Valencia today!

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
According to the report (in Spanish) you'll be able to get a fast train daily to Madrid from 19 December. The journey will take a little over one and a half hours.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/1...286981068.html
That those that set out on the 10th??..
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:36 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First high-speed AVE train with passengers arrived in Valencia today!

Nice little clip about the line (although it's official propaganda)

Taking a AVE journey is certainly on my "to-do" list the next time I hit Valencia or Madrid.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9PW4u6m4Wj4

Taking a AVE journey is certainly on my "to-do" list the next time I hit Valencia or Madrid.
Yo tambien !
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:29 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Tickets go on sale tomorrow; there are a number of tickets on sale at 31.90 Euros.

http://noticias.lainformacion.com/es...p5IBfFFn1xpJ4/
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9PW4u6m4Wj4

If you are planning a trip on the AVE it is well worth planning ahead. Tickets can be had for around the 32 e mark as long as you book ahead online (the lowest I have seen is 25e). Leave it too close to the day you want to travel and you are looking at an average price of 80 - 120 e. Mas o menos 3 weeks is necessary if you don't want to have to leave on the first train out. The website says 15 days for web price - but you are lucky if any of them are left. If you want a cheap weekend travel date then you will need to do it even sooner. But they are lovely and comfy - better than cryinair - and no baggage charge!!!!! Although they do have restrictions "All passengers with a ticket may carry up to two pieces of hand luggage with a total limit of 20 kg, for which they will be responsible and that they must store in the designated areas. Each piece of luggage must not be larger than 70 x 50 x 25 cm".

Good luck with the very temperamental renfe site .
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I've been on the ave a few times between Malaga and Madrid.

It is a modern wonder of the world, incredibly comfortable and they put a film on if you have nothing better to do. Much better than commuting in London or catching an aeroplane

It isnt cheap though. It normally costs me 100 euros return, but that is good value in order to get to Madrid in 2 hours 30 mins. It would cost the same or more in petrol and take twice as long.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:03 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by cricketman
I've been on the ave a few times between Malaga and Madrid.

It is a modern wonder of the world, incredibly comfortable and they put a film on if you have nothing better to do. Much better than commuting in London or catching an aeroplane

It isnt cheap though. It normally costs me 100 euros return, but that is good value in order to get to Madrid in 2 hours 30 mins. It would cost the same or more in petrol and take twice as long.
I'm certainly jealous of the AVE network, but I sometimes wonder if it's a plot by the centralists to ensure Madrid is always at the centre of things?
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:36 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm certainly jealous of the AVE network, but I sometimes wonder if it's a plot by the centralists to ensure Madrid is always at the centre of things?
Madrid by it's geographical location is at the centre of things anyway.

Reckon they should make Valencia the capital, as they did very briefly during the Civil war,... better location, better climate, better everything.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:42 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Madrid by it's geographical location is at the centre of things anyway.

Reckon they should make Valencia the capital, as they did very briefly during the Civil war,... better location, better climate, better everything.
Maybe a better climate... but possibly the worst water?

Anyway, there are places like Leon, Valladolid, Toledo that would claim the right to be the capital first.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:00 am
On the road again.

Maybe a better climate... but possibly the worst water?

Anyway, there are places like Leon, Valladolid, Toledo that would claim the right to be the capital first.
Nowt wrong with the water and beautiful beaches and countryside to boot.
Good connections in most directions plus Med ferries.
The places you mention have had their day.
Valencia is the in place now.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:09 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

You’re both wrong and out of date. Greater Torrevieja, once it has swallowed up Orihuela and Elche will be the new capital of Spain. It’s already the (crime) capital of Spain.

The mayor is retiring next year and I want to be a millionaire too, so I’m looking around for an application form.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:32 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by HBG
You’re both wrong and out of date. Greater Torrevieja, once it has swallowed up Orihuela and Elche will be the new capital of Spain. It’s already the (crime) capital of Spain.

The mayor is retiring next year and I want to be a millionaire too, so I’m looking around for an application form.
Lord forbid,..reckon I'll be on the first flight out.

On the other hand, if I was a good friend of the new mayor,....
....well all things are possible.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:23 am
Not Banned (yet)

Spain has its regional capitals with the autonomous communities anyway, so I don't see any change of capital happening. Even (or maybe especially) if Catalunya and the Basques go their own way.
Funny how we Brits quickly take up the mantle of our favourite part of Spain. I've met so many Spanish in Madrid (who often came from other parts of Spain) who couldn't live elsewhere. Equally I've met people in Valencia, or on the north coast, who would never consider moving. Not quite the same in the UK - yes people may have a strong feeling about London (one way or the other) but generally there's not an aversion to moving around.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:52 am
On the road again.

Spain has its regional capitals with the autonomous communities anyway, so I don't see any change of capital happening. Even (or maybe especially) if Catalunya and the Basques go their own way.
Funny how we Brits quickly take up the mantle of our favourite part of Spain. I've met so many Spanish in Madrid (who often came from other parts of Spain) who couldn't live elsewhere. Equally I've met people in Valencia, or on the north coast, who would never consider moving. Not quite the same in the UK - yes people may have a strong feeling about London (one way or the other) but generally there's not an aversion to moving around.
The Costa Valencia and N.Costa Blanca regions seem very popular with ppl.from Madrid, many of them having holiday homes in the area.
Maybe they don't feel quite so much at home going to Barcelona, and the Costa del Sol is a much longer trek, so with the coming of the fast train I would expect their numbers to increase even more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.