Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fires have the rules changed.

Fires have the rules changed.

Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:18 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Fires have the rules changed.

I attended the Ajuntament as we say here in Catalonia this morning to obtain my permission to burn debris on my land.You need it here I think in order the fire service know which is a rubbish fire and what is a whole forest going up in smoke, How they would desifer between the two I don't know. Last year you gave your details and put your name and property details on a list held at the Ajuntament, And you were able to burn from October to March. However this year i have been issued with a stampted form showing only September and October from 6am until 12noon the times allowed for burning No fires at weekends. My question is does anybody know why the months have changed, I will not be getting up at 6am in the dark to burn anything,Or is this unique to Catalonia.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Sep 18th 2008 at 3:25 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:51 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fires have the rules changed.

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I attended the Ajuntament as we say here in Catalonia this morning to obtain my permission to burn debris on my land.You need it here I think in order the fire service know which is a rubbish fire and what is a whole forest going up in smoke, How they would desifer between the two I don't know. Last year you gave your details and put your name and property details on a list held at the Ajuntament, And you were able to burn from October to March. However this year i have been issued with a stampted form showing only September and October from 6am until 12noon the times allowed for burning No fires at weekends. My question is does anybody know why the months have changed, I will not be getting up at 6am in the dark to burn anything,Or is this unique to Catalonia.

http://bestsmileys.com/fire/1.gif
Here in valencia (region of), we can get a card from the town hall telling us when we can have fires by district. My days are Wednesday and Sunday but NOT June, July, August and only on 13th September!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be hard to get a licence here, you get 4 points off your licence if you are caught chucking a ciggy end out your car onto the motorway. ;-))
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
I think it would be hard to get a licence here, you get 4 points off your licence if you are caught chucking a ciggy end out your car onto the motorway. ;-))

I have several fields of Oranges and this is permission to burn cuttings from the orange trees or the several thousand fir trees I have around my land that protect the fruit from the winds that we get here. I don't think burning old sofas or Mrs Ps handbag collection was included in the brief. I live 4 minutes from the sea but I am still classed as a farmer me dear.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I have several fields of Oranges and this is permission to burn cuttings from the orange trees or the several thousand fir trees I have around my land that protect the fruit from the winds that we get here. I don't think burning old sofas or Mrs Ps handbag collection was included in the brief. I live 4 minutes from the sea but I am still classed as a farmer me dear.
I know, I was just saying about this area, still extreme fire danger and the warning about the ciggies is on the motorway gantries. ;-)
Old Sep 19th 2008, 5:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well its all news to me.I`ve been merrily burning my bonfires here for 4 or more years and never heard anything about any rules and regs.
Lots of others around here with prunings from fruit plantations etc.seem to have fires whenever they wish including weekends,the most popular time I think.
I normally try to burn morningtime when the dew is still on, or sometimes evening when its returned.
Maybe thats why they ask you to burn before midday Posh, before things are dangerously dry.
Wonder if you have any problem with those evil caterpillars up there,having all those fir trees around, or maybe they`ve all moved down to my patch.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well its all news to me.I`ve been merrily burning my bonfires here for 4 or more years and never heard anything about any rules and regs.
Lots of others around here with prunings from fruit plantations etc.seem to have fires whenever they wish including weekends,the most popular time I think.
I normally try to burn morningtime when the dew is still on, or sometimes evening when its returned.
Maybe thats why they ask you to burn before midday Posh, before things are dangerously dry.
Wonder if you have any problem with those evil caterpillars up there,having all those fir trees around, or maybe they`ve all moved down to my patch.
Dick I would check with your town hall if you are caught having fires on your land without permission the fines are rather large.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:40 pm
Banned

Huevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the rough

if you are caught having fires on your land without permission the fines are rather large.
I thought after the Galicia fires a few years ago having bonfires at residential properties was completely outlawed under state law (i.e. a criminal offence). I've look for a link but can't find one right now so this could be erroneous.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:58 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Huevos
I thought after the Galicia fires a few years ago having bonfires at residential properties was completely outlawed under state law (i.e. a criminal offence). I've look for a link but can't find one right now so this could be erroneous.
You have to be careful with what you are saying and what you mean - there are many RESIDENTIAL properties in the campo and they ARE allowed to have fires at restricted times.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:16 pm
Banned

Huevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by snikpoh
You have to be careful with what you are saying
Careful of what? Do you think "I thought [...] could be erroneous" is not clear enough? Anyway since you are so sure can you post a link to the official source that supports your argument.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:49 pm
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Huevos
Careful of what? Do you think "I thought [...] could be erroneous" is not clear enough? Anyway since you are so sure can you post a link to the official source that supports your argument.
I have a card from the town hall (for this year) specifying when I can have fires. I will check their web site to see if I can find a link - if you look at http://www.ontinyent.es/ and then search for CREMES, up it pops.

I know this is local to Ontinyent but others exist as well.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:21 pm

This is getting very heated
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by snikpoh
if you look at http://www.ontinyent.es/ and then search for CREMES, up it pops.
I don't speak Catalan, or whatever it is they want to call its Valencian derivative, but from what I can make out those documents seem to be for agriculture.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:00 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we always like to shred & compost the small stuff, turn the larger stuff into firewood and the medium into kindling.

That always used to deal with all our garden waste. We used to use so much shredded material as mulch that we used to take waste from other people too.

Oddly, I know of no-one near me that composts.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bil
firewood and [...] kindling.
What do you burn it in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.