Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fined by traffic police

Fined by traffic police

Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future
Default Fined by traffic police

Got pulled over today got 2 fines at 60 euros each. First i understand had dog on front seat, second i have no idea just understood something about car rental and insurance. Will pop into the car rental place tomorow.

Sent me home for my N.I.E number and they seemed ok after looking rather angry.

Just pay the fine at the bank and thats it done i take it ?

John
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fined by traffic police

Originally Posted by john1979
Got pulled over today got 2 fines at 60 euros each. First i understand had dog on front seat, second i have no idea just understood something about car rental and insurance. Will pop into the car rental place tomorow.

Sent me home for my N.I.E number and they seemed ok after looking rather angry.

Just pay the fine at the bank and thats it done i take it ?

John
Not a good start for you, animals have to be in a harness.

The car hire people should have given you an agreement with all the details about hire and insurance etc on it, this you show to the police as you have to keep all paperwork in the car at all times in case you are asked for it.
The other fine is probably for not having paperwork with you.
If they did not give you this then it is not a very good way to run a rental business, have a go at them and get them to pay the fine.

Does it give a bank to pay at on the fines ?
If not just pay in any bank and keep the receipts, you will get a dicount if paid within a certain time.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 28th 2008 at 4:53 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr

The car hire people should have given you an agreement with all the details about hire and insurance etc on it, this you show to the police as you have to keep all paperwork in the car at all times in case you are asked for it.
The other fine is probably for not having paperwork with you.
If they did not give you this then it is not a very good way to run a rental business, have a go at them and get them to pay the fine.

Does it give a bank to pay at on the fines ?
If not just pay in any bank and keep the receipts, you will get a dicount if paid within a certain time.
Hi JDR not a good start oh well.

You learn as you go i guess.

I had my agreement in the car with me but he said is this it just the one piece of paper. The bank is santander so will pay tomorow. Once i have payed is that the last i will hear do you no ? Something i have no clue about.

I will be at the rental place tomorow at 9 to sort it.

John
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john1979
Hi JDR not a good start oh well.

You learn as you go i guess.

I had my agreement in the car with me but he said is this it just the one piece of paper. The bank is santander so will pay tomorow. Once i have payed is that the last i will hear do you no ? Something i have no clue about.

I will be at the rental place tomorow at 9 to sort it.

John
The firm where my missus works just gives the renters the agreement and they have never had a problem.
She gets loads of parking and speeding tickets, but they all come to the carhire and she has to send a letter in Spanish to traffico saying who was renting the car at the time. Whether they follow up or not she doesn`t know.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Shame the same isn't true for children and babies!!! The amount we see around here on the lap of the parents.

The other day some woman pulled out on the other side of the road, and took such a wide line she almost took my left front wing off! It wasn't until she was alongside that I realised she had what looked like an 18 month old on her knee also holding on to the steering wheel.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by twyntub
Shame the same isn't true for children and babies!!! ...
It is. Children under three have to be in an EU approved child restraint seat and between three and twelve they have to have a booster seat, also bearing the EU approval mark.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:47 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

... and they must NOT be in the front of the car.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

What kind of "harness" is legally required , for dogs , please ?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray51
What kind of "harness" is legally required , for dogs , please ?
you need a travel harness that has a clip or a loop which attaches to the seat belts that are pliugged in as if someone was wearing them...
this restrains the dog from flying like a missile killing you in case of an accident..also if there was a car accident an unrestrauined animal could get loose and cause an accident or get illed in their panic.

here is a piccy of wht athey look like http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_stor...ium_p2071.html

hth carole
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Thanks a lot , much appreciated !
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:45 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but I have to laugh..............

They make all these rules up for dogs in cars, but you wouldnt believe the amout of dogs I have seen hanging off mopeds while their owners are bombing it down the road
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Par for the course in this country. Take houses for example.

There are people who go to great lengths to try to ensure their house is legally built and end up having it demolished and those who flagrantly disregard the law by knowingly building illegal properties and get away with it.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
It is. Children under three have to be in an EU approved child restraint seat and between three and twelve they have to have a booster seat, also bearing the EU approval mark.
Please tell me where to find the info. about child booster seats. I have a son under 12 but in the UK he was over the height restriction so didn't need a booster seat.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Please tell me where to find the info. about child booster seats. I have a son under 12 but in the UK he was over the height restriction so didn't need a booster seat.
FREE BEER.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Thanks JDR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.