Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

a fine if he goes back to spain?????

a fine if he goes back to spain?????

Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:59 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default a fine if he goes back to spain?????

hi , can anybody help with some advice for a friend please.....
3 years ago a friend of mine was stopped at gibraltar where he had tooooo many cigarettes, he was told he had a fine to pay and this was duly sent to him in UK, he was told to send the fine in Euros, he didnt and forgot it..... now , he is frightened to go back to spain in case he is thrown in jail, I told him this was not the case but he doesnt believe me,he wants to drive thru france to spain but is frightened to in case he is stopped by the police and they find on the computor he has not payed the fine.....
would this be the case????????
thanks for any answers, pat
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:29 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a fine if he goes back to spain?????

Tell him to pay the fine he "forgot" (but has now "remembered") and then he won't be looking over his shoulder, simple.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:28 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They will probably just take his car till he pays the fine, like hillybilly says, pay the fine now. Sorted.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:41 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Naughty boy, pay the fine he ´forgot´and then realy forget about it.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:30 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=patsywhitehair;6874463]hi , can anybody help with some advice for a friend please.....
3 years ago a friend of mine was stopped at gibraltar where he had tooooo many cigarettes, he was told he had a fine to pay and this was duly sent to him in UK, he was told to send the fine in Euros, he didnt and forgot it..... now , he is frightened to go back to spain in case he is thrown in jail, I told him this was not the case but he doesnt believe me,he wants to drive thru france to spain but is frightened to in case he is stopped by the police and they find on the computor he has not payed the fine.....
thanks for any answers,

Is he gay. dont pay and just drive down.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:43 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
I remember a similar case in Only fools and Horses, Grandad had committed a crime years before and when he was arrested he was convinced that they had caught up with him for past sins. He was selling arms to both sides in theCivil War. But the authorities had forgotten about his crimes and subsequent deportation. I think If they caught you, you might end up in a rat infested hell hole........only kidding.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:55 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
I remember a similar case in Only fools and Horses, Grandad had committed a crime years before and when he was arrested he was convinced that they had caught up with him for past sins. He was selling arms to both sides in theCivil War. But the authorities had forgotten about his crimes and subsequent deportation. I think If they caught you, you might end up in a rat infested hell hole........only kidding.
If or when they catch up with me I will be his cell mate.we will be like shorshanks redemption.
I was found guilty of using a pair of wellys without health and saftey training

Last edited by betris; Oct 14th 2008 at 10:02 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:21 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by betris
If or when they catch up with me I will be his cell mate.we will be like shorshanks redemption.
I was found guilty of using a pair of wellys without health and saftey training
Ha what about the guy that was fine for chatting in his car while driving ( to the passager )

the green wellys ?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:38 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by betris
I was found guilty of using a pair of wellys without health and saftey
training
Don't put the sheep's back legs in your wellies you can't kiss em that way.
Sure your not a woolie woofter betris, This could explain a whole new meaning to the scouse saying cum head

Last edited by poshnbucks; Oct 16th 2008 at 9:42 am.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:05 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Sure your not a woolie woofter betris, This could explain a whole new meaning to the scouse saying cum head
OOOHHH you are awfull
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

I thought you had to pay the fine on the spot or give the cigs to the authorities instead?
Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:29 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
Can't comment on the fine but can say that driving down through France and Spain twice our passports were not checked once. On the first journey we even had 4 cats in the car and their details we not checked either.
Good luck to him.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
well ,I left myself wide open for that one.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 12:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by trentino
I thought you had to pay the fine on the spot or give the cigs to the authorities instead?
when you get a fine although you pay and you may think its the end of it and it usualy is.Its a deposit and if they wish they can continue with the offence in court and increase the fine.