Reload this Page >

Finding you NIE Number

Finding you NIE Number

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Speedy G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding you NIE Number

Hello Everyone

I have been very laze over the last several years and never bothered to research my purchase and tax situation since I rarely visit Islantilla - But I decided to clear the mess and sell upo as we noi longer need the property and to my dismay cannot find my NIE number.

None of the documents I have refer to it and my solicitor during the purchase was never quick in getting anything dione (well banking cash Yes)

So any ideas how I can do this from 4000 miles away??

many thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Finding you NIE Number

do you have electricity bills? ours is in Ted's name and his NIE is quoted on every bill. It may be worth looking on yours, and if you get yours on line you can easily do it from 4000 miles away. otherwise i suspect it is quoted on every utility bill.
Kath
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:48 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding you NIE Number

It wall also be on the escritura (deeds) of the property, on any bank statements, any utility bills etc.

You can also go to the police station and get it from them BUT, obviously not if you are 4000 km away!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Speedy G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding your NIE Number

[Well all my bills are just Standing Orders - the Bank claims they only ever had copies of my passport!!! - Hello!!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:04 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding your NIE Number

Originally Posted by Speedy G
[Well all my bills are just Standing Orders - the Bank claims they only ever had copies of my passport!!! - Hello!!
you could easily have just opened the account with your passport - I imagine that as you clearly aren't resident you have a non-resident account?

it's also entirely possible that the bills only have your passport number

but your escritura, as snikpoh said, WILL/MUST have your NIE number - you can't buy a house without it