Reload this Page >

Finding a property

Finding a property

Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

spanishman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding a property

Hello

I live in England and someone owes me money. He has a property in Spain somewhere and I want to find the address to prove to the Courts that he has money to pay me. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a property

Originally Posted by spanishman
Hello

I live in England and someone owes me money. He has a property in Spain somewhere and I want to find the address to prove to the Courts that he has money to pay me. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you
Thats a bit of a tall order, and this aint really a debt recovery site to be honest. The site owners arent going to allow you to name him on here for legal reasons so I'm afraid it's a bit of a non starter.

If he's fled the UK for financial reasons then its possible he wont have even registered with the authorities so there wont be an easy way to find him. If you do, will the UK courts be able to get any money out of him in Spain?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thats a bit of a tall order, and this aint really a debt recovery site to be honest. The site owners arent going to allow you to name him on here for legal reasons so I'm afraid it's a bit of a non starter.

If he's fled the UK for financial reasons then its possible he wont have even registered with the authorities so there wont be an easy way to find him. If you do, will the UK courts be able to get any money out of him in Spain?
isn't there some sort of list of who owns properties?

the spanish term escapes me at the mo

it would mean trawling the entire country but if the OP is really determined...............
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

...........your best bet is to contact a private investigator. The person 2nd posting is correct, don't name the person or give any details on this site, it wouldn't be worth it.

Last edited by painterhombre; Aug 1st 2009 at 1:46 pm. Reason: typo
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
isn't there some sort of list of who owns properties?

the spanish term escapes me at the mo

it would mean trawling the entire country but if the OP is really determined...............
Mmmmmm, will that be the ones with paperwork or no paperwork ?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for replying.

I won't be mentioning his name on this forum that's for sure. He is still trading here in the UK and my Solictor is on the case. The preliminary court hearing is next month and if they rule against him and he says he has no money/assets then I like to prove otherwise. I may not get my money back but would be nice to present this information in the court in his presence.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

I won't be mentioning his name on this forum that's for sure. He is still trading here in the UK and my Solictor is on the case. The preliminary court hearing is next month and if they rule against him and he says he has no money/assets then I like to prove otherwise. I may not get my money back but would be nice to present this information in the court in his presence.
Fair comment, but like i said, best off getting a P.I on the case, although theyre not cheap, you would be surprised what and who they can find...........
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:55 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
Fair comment, but like i said, best off getting a P.I on the case, although theyre not cheap, you would be surprised what and who they can find...........
Nice to see you back as well chick
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

have you googled his name in spain to see what comes up also have you tried www.blancas.paginasamarillas.es

also try the local expats papers, they love to print this type of thing,
in which area do you think he has a property?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Nice to see you back as well chick
Hi, yes, just dropping by, how are you?

I've made sure my ignore list is updated with the user names of the neg-heads this time.

i'll drop by from time to time.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:54 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

English solicitors have access to private investigators, and the bigger ones have affiliates in Spain. They are hellishly expensive, and all the information is probably available on the net, usually for the payment of a small fee - but they won't tell you that.

I would try the phone directories first, and the yellow pages, and then some googling, the amount of information foolish people post on the net nowadays is simply amazing; Facebook, MySpace, Twitter etc etc. and even if they're sensible, their spouses and children may not be.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all and Whitelinen

I found him. He's in Alicante. How do I confirm he owns the place as opposed to renting it?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:15 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
Hi, yes, just dropping by, how are you?

I've made sure my ignore list is updated with the user names of the neg-heads this time.

i'll drop by from time to time.

Im good ta - its good to see you both back - and as you say just ignore em - take care both of you
Love Sam xxxxx
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:39 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all and Whitelinen

I found him. He's in Alicante. How do I confirm he owns the place as opposed to renting it?
The cheapest way is to employ a Spanish Gestor to check the land registry, a Spanish solicitor is slightly dearer. However, if your solicitor requests that information from him. by way of a disclosure either prior to or at the hearing, it may cost you nothing. It would be difficult for him to lie at that stage (when confronted with the evidence).
Old Aug 1st 2009, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Thank you HBG. I've e-mailed a Gestor for assistance so will await what they say. Thank you everyone for your time.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.