finding Fabric

Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough
Default finding Fabric

where can I find Damask patterned fabric to make curtains, duvets and pillows? In the Valencia area.
here is the type of pattern I am looking for...

thanks
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:32 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: finding Fabric

There are loads of fabric shops in the city of Valencia, have fun finding what you are looking for. Also do not forget that Lee Roy Merlins have a large sellection of fabrics.

Rosemary
Old Jul 29th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

sorry had to smile at Lee Roy Merlin

leroy Merlin slightly better , sorry Rosemary
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Markets also have a good range of fabric and some of it very cheap too.

I bought some fallera dress material a while ago at a snip of what I would pay in El Corte Ingles. I am going to make a fallera bear out of it........

just got to get around to it yet......
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't Lee Roy Merlin an alternative chain with headquarters in Huntsville Alabama ?
Old Jul 31st 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

yes I have looked at leroy merlin before and I did not find the pattern i was looking for. i always see the type i am looking for on like diy shows like Colin & Justin but I never seem to find it in the real world.

I know there are alot of fabric stores in Valencia it;s just i have a 20 month old son with no patience so I thought maybe I would try and skip some looking if someone had happen to see damask patterned fabric somewhere.

i have looked at some of the town street markets and so far no luck.

i have seen it online on ebay its just with shipping and stuff it gets quite costly.....
Old Jul 31st 2011, 2:22 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fadingstarlight
yes I have looked at leroy merlin before and I did not find the pattern i was looking for. i always see the type i am looking for on like diy shows like Colin & Justin but I never seem to find it in the real world.

I know there are alot of fabric stores in Valencia it;s just i have a 20 month old son with no patience so I thought maybe I would try and skip some looking if someone had happen to see damask patterned fabric somewhere.

i have looked at some of the town street markets and so far no luck.

i have seen it online on ebay its just with shipping and stuff it gets quite costly.....
Why not contact the show and ask where they got the material - I think you'd be surprised at how helpful they are sometimes.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

or I could try and be on the show and have them find that fabric for me??
hahaha good suggestion snikpoh. I am on Colin & Justin's site as we speak. maybe they have a blog about the show.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Why not contact the show and ask where they got the material - I think you'd be surprised at how helpful they are sometimes.
on Colin & Justin's Home Heist show they show photos and a shopping list where they got stuff so good suggestion.... only thing is it is all stores from Canada... which sucks cause that is where I moved from......
hahaha figures.....
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Not in your area I know but....I have seen that pattern in our daughters curtain shop in Torremolinos, if you can't find it elswhere you could always contact them after the August holidays.
http://ceresicortinas.com/english%20UPLOAD/main.swf
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by megmet
Not in your area I know but....I have seen that pattern in our daughters curtain shop in Torremolinos, if you can't find it elswhere you could always contact them after the August holidays.
http://ceresicortinas.com/english%20UPLOAD/main.swf

well perhaps I could get some quotes cause I am looking for that type of fabric to make some roman blinds for my kitchen, and curtains for my bedroom and a few throw pillows for my couch. just to have all the same pattern throughout the house. i am not sure what kind of fabricating and shipping costs i would be looking at.
maybe do you know approx how much she would charge for those types of services?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fadingstarlight
well perhaps I could get some quotes cause I am looking for that type of fabric to make some roman blinds for my kitchen, and curtains for my bedroom and a few throw pillows for my couch. just to have all the same pattern throughout the house. i am not sure what kind of fabricating and shipping costs i would be looking at.
maybe do you know approx how much she would charge for those types of services?
Sorry I can't tell you as I don't get involved with the running of the shop at all.
As it's the August holidays they may not be in the shop all the time, but you could ring the shop on 952 373042, Cathy will fill you in on quotes and costs of shipping.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

John Lewis?
I think it's only £ 7.50 to deliver abroad