Finca in Javea

Old Jul 29th 2013, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

salisbury is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finca in Javea

I am new to the forum so an introduction.
!5 years with BA cabin crew flying around the world an interlude with a bistro in Jersey and a riverside pub in Salisbury and the last 15 years sailing in the med then the caribbean based in Venezuela.
Sold the boat want to go back to what I know best the hospitality business .
So I am looking for a good sized old Finca outside Javea with maybe potential to convert part of the property into self contained areas I also love to cater and I do a super Brunch Mimosas Bloody Marys, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, fritata a full English etc.
What I would like is for you to keep an eye open for the right property at not a silly price because I will have to spend to make the place look and feel great.
I am somebody who when they are driving or walking around who sees a place and thinks thats got potential, perhaps because of my parents who lived by doing places up and selling them.
If you are like minded and see somewhere that you think would make a good rural gite please let me know I will pay a thousand dollars for the info if I complete that money lodged with a third party during any negotiations.
My wife and I are completing the sale of our boat and home(sniff) and we will be in Spain to get serious fro about the start of October,.

Tim
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finca in Javea

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:10 am
Just Joined

TThank you Rosemary
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salisbury
I am new to the forum so an introduction.
!5 years with BA cabin crew flying around the world an interlude with a bistro in Jersey and a riverside pub in Salisbury and the last 15 years sailing in the med then the caribbean based in Venezuela.
Sold the boat want to go back to what I know best the hospitality business .
So I am looking for a good sized old Finca outside Javea with maybe potential to convert part of the property into self contained areas I also love to cater and I do a super Brunch Mimosas Bloody Marys, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, fritata a full English etc.
What I would like is for you to keep an eye open for the right property at not a silly price because I will have to spend to make the place look and feel great.
I am somebody who when they are driving or walking around who sees a place and thinks thats got potential, perhaps because of my parents who lived by doing places up and selling them.
If you are like minded and see somewhere that you think would make a good rural gite please let me know I will pay a thousand dollars for the info if I complete that money lodged with a third party during any negotiations.
My wife and I are completing the sale of our boat and home(sniff) and we will be in Spain to get serious fro about the start of October,.

Tim
Surely that is a job for you and not for random people on here. Bear in mind there will be hoops on hoops for you to get through to get a licence, and not that many b&bs can even get licenced. Does the offer stand if you buy one of the thousands of illegal properties, and find 6 months after you have opened that either a family claims ownership, of the local council close it down because it shouldn't be there in the first place.

I suggest you do an enormous amount of research to find a suitable area, then do a similar amount to find out whether it is legal, and then try getting the relevant licenses. You could be lucky and get a good deal, but I suspect that you are more likely to lose your money.

Sorry to sound negative, but with the current situation in Spain, there are many trying, and failing.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice.That is what I need because you are living in Spain and know the local conditions.
I have been based in Venezuela where everything is possible if you contact the right people and are willing to grease palms not the same in Europe.
We can but look around so we will rent a house for a few months and find out what is possible.I am too old to be illegal,not my style do it right or do not bother 15 years living on a yacht has taught me that!If something bad can happen it will!
Is there not a land registry office where you can check title?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice.That is what I need because you are living in Spain and know the local conditions.
I have been based in Venezuela where everything is possible if you contact the right people and are willing to grease palms not the same in Europe.
We can but look around so we will rent a house for a few months and find out what is possible.I am too old to be illegal,not my style do it right or do not bother 15 years living on a yacht has taught me that!If something bad can happen it will!
In Spain, if you know the right people, anything is possible, at least until they leave office, then all that greasing may well become a very slippery slope.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:10 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes, that is a normal part of the purchase sequence, but it doesn't record if the house has been built illegally, and may only record who owns the land not the building on it.....
and if the plot is Rural then subject to certain conditions it is likely to be illegal anyway. Some here have bought legal rurals but as I have already posted elsewhere today, illegals abound, have abounded for a decade or more and are still being built, bought and sold.

paperwork here takes forever, even someone with a clear desk can take several months to process something - well thats how long it took my predecessor! And its funny how many people take over jobs from relatives, or are given jobs by relatives.

rent a house, look around, get the feel of the place for summer and winter and move on if you feel its not right.

its all how "right" it is for you, not how right it is for me, him or her.
perhaps there are a few estate agents around who would love to take your money - but try the Spanish, even if there are language difficulties they appear to be more honest than the English ones IME.

rgds
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Yes I heard that Mike, we were in Marbella Marina when the Jesus Gill saga happened. At least I think that was his name.
Mike are you from Lincolnshire is that the MarkLincs . Because I am ayellow belly A meggie actualy
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:15 am
Concierge

Yes I heard that Mike, we were in Marbella Marina when the Jesus Gill saga happened. At least I think that was his name.
Mike are you from Lincolnshire is that the MarkLincs . Because I am ayellow belly A meggie actualy
yes, a true yellow belly, born in Lincoln.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Currently around 1,600 cases of corruption before the Spanish courts and the list grows by the day. A report out this week reckons corruption in Spain is costing the country 40,000 million, in part due to lack of investment from overseas, they don't trust them! Spain is not a lot different to South America, you'll feel at home.
El coste social de la corrupción en España se eleva a 40.000 millones
En los tribunales se tramitan más de 1.600 casos de corrupción y no pasa un día sin que afloren titulares involucrando a alcaldes, consejeros, partidos políticos, hasta a la Casa Real en procesos judiciales por abuso de poder.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:31 am
Just Joined

I am from Cleethorpes, the old fishing Meggies,my grandpop fished the Humber in the 1800s tough old devils.
The nearest I got to Lincoln was my dad wanted to buy in Louth in the 60s he loved Louth I think because the pubs were open all day on Market day wednesday!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:44 am
Concierge

I am from Cleethorpes, the old fishing Meggies,my grandpop fished the Humber in the 1800s tough old devils.
The nearest I got to Lincoln was my dad wanted to buy in Louth in the 60s he loved Louth I think because the pubs were open all day on Market day wednesday!!
I Love Louth as well, great shopping..
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Did you ever go to the market on a wednesday Mike.
Iremember it well as a kid stuck in the car with a bag of Smiths crisps the ones with the blue bag of salt and a bottle of dandelion amd burdock while my old man spent the day in the pub with his cronies
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Iremember it well as a kid stuck in the car with a bag of Smiths crisps the ones with the blue bag of salt and a bottle of dandelion amd burdock while my old man spent the day in the pub with his cronies
and then drove you home, lol, those were the day's
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:59 am
Concierge

Yes, often. I used to live in Market Rasen as well, so not far to travel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.