Finance

Old Sep 29th 2020, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Sandra 1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finance

Due to being a non resident in Spain as I had to come back to UK. I am struggling to get finance to put my old house back together. My bank is just not helping due to take over by Santander. Is there any other ways to source funds when struggling in Spain with bank. Im trying to figure it all out just now as in what to do.

Cheers.

F

Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finance

Originally Posted by Sandra 1970
Due to being a non resident in Spain as I had to come back to UK. I am struggling to get finance to put my old house back together. My bank is just not helping due to take over by Santander. Is there any other ways to source funds when struggling in Spain with bank. Im trying to figure it all out just now as in what to do.

Cheers.

F
If you are now resident in the UK and also own a home in the UK, you could get a home improvement loan or mortgage top up for your home in the UK and use it for Spain? Otherwise plenty of other banks are on the market in Spain who offer non resident mortgages, so why stick to that bank?
Old Sep 29th 2020, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Sandra 1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know I was sitting just trying to do that online now .... thanks ...fair point ... ill keep you posted if this is the best way forward...
Old Sep 29th 2020, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

It depends how your credit is i suppose, why not just pay for everything with your UK credit cards, if you have them? Take out a personal loan? Work and save up, do the work on the house slowly, as cheaply as you can?