Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

filling in forms

filling in forms

Old May 12th 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future
Default filling in forms

Hi Folks. Could anyone tell me if there is somewhere on this or other sites that gives assistance in filling in the official forms ( down loaded from Free Beer) or a translation of what is on the forms. I try with my limited Spanish and a dictionary but still get a bit confused.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:46 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: filling in forms

Originally Posted by raddickle
Hi Folks. Could anyone tell me if there is somewhere on this or other sites that gives assistance in filling in the official forms ( down loaded from Free Beer) or a translation of what is on the forms. I try with my limited Spanish and a dictionary but still get a bit confused.

Hello

If you copy and paste the form into www.translate.google.com you should be fine I have tried all the free ones and this is the most accurate. Best of luck, I find if you take them to a gustor for a few euros they take all the queuing and heart ache of being told your forms are filled in wrong and you can get on with enjoying your life. Best of luck Also if you put the above website in your favs you have it there forever it will translate whole web pages too.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 12th 2008 at 7:52 am.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Hello

If you copy and paste the form into www.translate.google.com you should be fine I have tried all the free ones and this is the most accurate. Best of luck, I find if you take them to a gustor for a few euros they take all the queuing and heart ache of being told your forms are filled in wrong and you can get on with enjoying your life. Best of luck Also if you put the above website in your favs you have it there forever it will translate whole web pages too.
Thanks for that. Unfortunately I can't use a gestor as I am in the UK and preparing the forms in advance of coming out to Spain. It's questions like 'periodo previsto de residencia en Espana' that I'm not sure what they're asking me. 'How long do I expect to reside in Spain'?? because at the moment I have no idea!
Old May 12th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I can't use a gestor as I am in the UK and preparing the forms in advance of coming out to Spain. It's questions like 'periodo previsto de residencia en Espana' that I'm not sure what they're asking me. 'How long do I expect to reside in Spain'?? because at the moment I have no idea!
What form are you looking at and I will see if I have anything?
Old May 12th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SueG
What form are you looking at and I will see if I have anything?
E16. Though I think I will wait till get there and go to a gestor as I'm sure there will be plenty of other things I'll need help with. Thanks all the same.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

OK - can do EX14 (NIE) if you need it?
Old May 12th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SueG
OK - can do EX14 (NIE) if you need it?
Thanks but I already have that. The form was filled out by the estate agent when I bought my property.
Old May 12th 2008, 9:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Can you remind me what the E16 is for and I will look to see if I have a copy.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Can you remind me what the E16 is for and I will look to see if I have a copy.

Rosemary
I believe it's the form you need to fill in for a residant card/ certificate
Old May 12th 2008, 9:37 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just found it but only have it in Spanish.

Rosemary
Old May 12th 2008, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember that the rules have changed and there is no longer a residencia as such for EU citizens. You "simply" get a more elaborate NIE certificate, stamped A4 sheet of paper which serves as a residencia certificate for banks etc.
Old May 12th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes it is - I will have a look when I get home. Mine is the new Certficate and I can tell you what I put on mine.
Old May 12th 2008, 2:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Remember that the rules have changed and there is no longer a residencia as such for EU citizens. You "simply" get a more elaborate NIE certificate, stamped A4 sheet of paper which serves as a residencia certificate for banks etc.
Yes, but you have to apply for it on form EX 16
I have a completed copy in front of me if you want to know what to put where radikle
Old May 12th 2008, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes, but you have to apply for it on form EX 16
I have a completed copy in front of me if you want to know what to put where radikle
OK, times have changed (again) I only have the original NIE certificate which I got on the same day I got my NIE from the oficina de extranjeros and so far everybody is accepting that for "residencia".
Old May 12th 2008, 4:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
OK, times have changed (again) I only have the original NIE certificate which I got on the same day I got my NIE from the oficina de extranjeros and so far everybody is accepting that for "residencia".
I know what you mean

But, its a requirement if you live here in Spain that you get the residencia certificate (from about March last year I think)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.