Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ferry to santander

Ferry to santander

Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of
Default Ferry to santander

Hi
Do you know if the ferry runs from portsmouth to santander in march. I have tried to do searches however it always comes up no sailings available on them dates.

Thanks in advance xx
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferry to santander

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi
Do you know if the ferry runs from portsmouth to santander in march. I have tried to do searches however it always comes up no sailings available on them dates.

Thanks in advance xx
Too rough, ;-))
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:02 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

Thanks in advance xx
I think it only runs in the summer but the Portsmouth- Bilbao ferry (Pride of Bilbao) runs all year round.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scampicat
I think it only runs in the summer but the Portsmouth- Bilbao ferry (Pride of Bilbao) runs all year round.
Thank you x
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
Unfortunately it doesnt.
When we used it last year we had to come back to Spain on 3 January as it was the last sailing .... Cant remember how long it stopped for but there were no sailings at all for the rest of January
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ferry to santander

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Unfortunately it doesnt.
When we used it last year we had to come back to Spain on 3 January as it was the last sailing .... Cant remember how long it stopped for but there were no sailings at all for the rest of January
I think both boats have a winter overhaul for about 4-6 weeks Dec - Jan. The Portsmouth /Plymouth - Santander ferry only started the alternate call at Portsmouh in May this year but I don't think that will stop except for the winter overhaul.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all x
Old Aug 10th 2009, 11:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I think both boats have a winter overhaul for about 4-6 weeks Dec - Jan. The Portsmouth /Plymouth - Santander ferry only started the alternate call at Portsmouh in May this year but I don't think that will stop except for the winter overhaul.
I think it is rather the weather that causes the stoppage to save endangering the passengers, so they probably do the maintenance then.