Reload this Page >

feeling ripped by XXXXXXX villas in Benalmadena

feeling ripped by XXXXXXX villas in Benalmadena

Old Jun 25th 2018, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

mermoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default feeling ripped by XXXXXXX villas in Benalmadena

hello everyone,

i am new to the forum. i just purchased property at XXXXXX villas in Benalmadena and i am totally displeased in the service they offer for the money i paid.

i would like to share some information with other people who recently bought in the area.

my main complains relate to the lack of assistance in moving in. they are fast in accepting your (big) money but then when it comes to provide a follow up, they just bla-bla-bla and do not act. as such we stayed 3 days without electricity, a whole week without internet. after 2 weeks, we still do not have hot water nor air con...

i want to move to the next step, which is bringing them to court.

any one in knowledge of a helpful lawyer?

thanks.

antoine

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 26th 2018 at 8:59 pm. Reason: Please do not name and shame
Old Jun 25th 2018, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: feeling ripped by XXXXXXX villas in Benalmadena

Sounds like normal with a new place!
Old Jun 25th 2018, 11:07 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to spain
Old Jun 25th 2018, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mermoz
hello everyone,

i am new to the forum. i just purchased property at Xxxxxxxx villas in Benalmadena and i am totally displeased in the service they offer for the money i paid.

i would like to share some information with other people who recently bought in the area.

my main complains relate to the lack of assistance in moving in. they are fast in accepting your (big) money but then when it comes to provide a follow up, they just bla-bla-bla and do not act. as such we stayed 3 days without electricity, a whole week without internet. after 2 weeks, we still do not have hot water nor air con...

thanks.

antoine
I am not sure how to start this! Did you not have a lawyer to guide you through the sale process and to check the finer details? You don't need one by law.... but having a decent lawyer is the most important thing in a house sale here!

Second thing is - Do you have the "License of first occupation" ? I assume you do (I hope you do), as you suggest that you now have access to electricity and water etc.

Some things just don't move quickly here and connection to the utilities is one of them. It can take several months to get a regular phone line and broadband connection especially if it's a new connection or the connection was allowed to be disconnected.
What does your contract say regarding help from the developers to get you connected to the basic utilities?
Usually your lawyer helps you with this (setting up accounts in your name for the water and electricity), as part of the conveyancing process!

The court system is especially slow here for non urgent cases, with delays of several years generally for property issues etc.
So what you have described, sounds like many peoples' experience with new properties here.

The most important thing you must have right now is the license of first occupation. Then work with the developer to get someone out to look at your hot water tank and aircon.

Last bit of advice - change your locks!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 26th 2018 at 9:00 pm. Reason: Company name deleted
Old Jun 26th 2018, 5:53 am
Just Joined

mermoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: feeling ripped by Big Blue villas in Benalmadena

the lawyer i had was a last minute one, only caring to get paid but helpless once so...
i still want to move ahead with a proper one and take Xxxxxxx villas to court.
also, they sell villas with floors on paper (legal stuff) counting as cellars while they are actually sold as living space. i spoke with an architect i know well and he is telling me this smells like totally illegal. i imagine they "disguise" a legal villa of, say, 125 m2 into a actual villa of 250 m2.
they must have some kind of benefit of this. taxes? or simply they would not be allowed to build like they pretend on paper.
can anyone tell me an experience like this?
i have even seen in one of their other projects a garage door in the middle of a living room! they said they will take away the garage door later.
when speaking with the sale person, she said it was common practice in benalmadena.
i don't think so.
any comments please?
thanks

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 26th 2018 at 9:00 pm. Reason: Plse do not name and shame
Old Jun 26th 2018, 8:57 am
Just Joined

marilys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry to hear that, I´m afraid things work like that here in Spain. There is no assistance after buying and people get lost, I worked in a estate agent and had to help foreigners customers to do things like take NIE, contract gas, light, water, find someone for reparations, refurbishments... <removed due to no advertising rule> Normally people think solicitors will help with that but they don´t do that job.

Last edited by Rosemary; Jun 26th 2018 at 10:34 am.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget taking them to court.....period. Your story is probably familiar to many who have purchased property here. Matters such as utilities are invariably confusing and in the end down to you to sort out. Sorry to say these things, but my advice is just to shrug shoulders and get on with sorting things out yourself. Regrettable I know, but true.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 1:46 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

mermoz
oh my you just learned a lesson, welcome to spain. Just learn from this,
Spain dont work like anywhere else. here is hoping you legal.

Last edited by HeikeundAlan; Jun 26th 2018 at 1:49 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
mermoz
oh my you just learned a lesson, welcome to spain. Just learn from this,
Spain dont work like anywhere else. here is hoping your legal.
Yes on this note, you didn't reply to say whether you had the "license of first occupation" from the builder in the paperwork or whether your lawyer has it.

This is the most important thing right now!
Old Jun 26th 2018, 9:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feeling ripped by XXXXXXX villas in Benalmadena

hello everyone,

i am new to the forum. i just purchased property at XXXXXX villas in Benalmadena and i am totally displeased in the service they offer for the money i paid.

thanks.

antoine

I have removed the company name from this thread. Please note...you can ask for assistance but you cannot use the BE forums to name and shame.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 9:34 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feeling ripped by Big Blue villas in Benalmadena

the lawyer i had was a last minute one, only caring to get paid but helpless once so...
i still want to move ahead with a proper one and take Xxxxxxx villas to court.
also, they sell villas with floors on paper (legal stuff) counting as cellars while they are actually sold as living space. i spoke with an architect i know well and he is telling me this smells like totally illegal. i imagine they "disguise" a legal villa of, say, 125 m2 into a actual villa of 250 m2.
they must have some kind of benefit of this. taxes? or simply they would not be allowed to build like they pretend on paper.
can anyone tell me an experience like this?
i have even seen in one of their other projects a garage door in the middle of a living room! they said they will take away the garage door later.
when speaking with the sale person, she said it was common practice in benalmadena.
i don't think so.
any comments please?
thanks
Going to court over this is only likely to end in you losing a lot of money in lawyers fees, and it will take YEARS to sort out, I suggest you just don't bother with suing them.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feeling ripped by XXXXXXX villas in Benalmadena

Before proceeding with court action,ensure you make a list of ALL actions that you would of been responsible for.There is plenty of info on other threads,so best to do some research.You could waste alot of money,to then find you had'nt taken appropriate steps in the first place.(I'm not suggesting you did'nt)