Reload this Page >

Feeling Nervous and Outgoings

Feeling Nervous and Outgoings

Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

IT LAD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling Nervous and Outgoings

Hello again,

Feeling nervous now as our house is on the market findaproperty.com *Snip promotional url*

How did you all feel when you had decided to make the move??? We are all over the place, excited one minute, then doubting the decision we have made the next… I guess that’s only natural though… Still, it’s a big move!!!

Thanks to this site, we now know what’s to be done concerning residency, banking, money transfers etc, great site and some excellent and funny reading…some sad posts too though, some very moving…

We have picked up most costs for monthly outgoings from this site; we thought we would break them down below... If I have missed anything out, please let me know – It might help other people out too…Thanks.

This is for 2 people, per month living in Moraira Costa Blanca North

Gas €25
Electric €80
Community/Council Tax €50
Water €30
Car insurance €45
Car fuel €150
Car servicing/Repairs €20
Pool cleaning €25
Food and drinks €600
Taxes
Telephone and Broadband €70
Building and contents insurance – not needed as we will be renting? €30
Accountant €15
Health Care €120
Villa Rent €1,200
Going out/eating and drinking €540

Total apart from taxes €3000.00

Does any one know what taxes would be due on savings of say £320,000.00 and a monthly income of £1,800.00… What sort of taxes do you pay?

Also, if anyone knows of a good accountant in the Moraira area… (Who speaks some English?)

Really sorry for so many questions, but we just want to be prepared as possible…

Thanks

Rob and Louise

Last edited by jdr; Jul 16th 2008 at 8:45 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feeling Nervous and Outgoings

Hi,
You look like you have everything covered there pretty much, but can i just ask about the villa rental, have you found somewhere already? 1200 a month rent seems a huge amount to me?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:27 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

This post seems LOB so here is a piccy for you to smile whist your debts increase

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by cajam31
1200 a month rent seems a huge amount to me?
As does

Food and drinks €600 + Going out/eating and drinking €540 - Am pretty glad it doesn't cost me even a quarter of that!

Then ironically, 15€ a month for an accountant? I just ditched mine who was charging around 80€ a month and I'm autonomo generating one invoice a month

Based on my (well my girlfriends) current usage of the healthcare system then I wouldn't waste my money on private cover. It's leagues better than the support/care she got in the UK

Where do people get these figures from?
Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IT LAD
Hello again,

Feeling nervous now as our house is on the market findaproperty.com
How did you all feel when you had decided to make the move??? We are all over the place, excited one minute, then doubting the decision we have made the next… I guess that’s only natural though… Still, it’s a big move!!!

Thanks to this site, we now know what’s to be done concerning residency, banking, money transfers etc, great site and some excellent and funny reading…some sad posts too though, some very moving…

We have picked up most costs for monthly outgoings from this site; we thought we would break them down below... If I have missed anything out, please let me know – It might help other people out too…Thanks.

This is for 2 people, per month living in Moraira Costa Blanca North

Gas €25
Electric €80
Community/Council Tax €50
Water €30
Car insurance €45
Car fuel €150
Car servicing/Repairs €20
Pool cleaning €25
Food and drinks €600
Taxes
Telephone and Broadband €70
Building and contents insurance – not needed as we will be renting? €30
Accountant €15
Health Care €120
Villa Rent €1,200
Going out/eating and drinking €540

Total apart from taxes €3000.00

Does any one know what taxes would be due on savings of say £320,000.00 and a monthly income of £1,800.00… What sort of taxes do you pay?

Also, if anyone knows of a good accountant in the Moraira area… (Who speaks some English?)

Really sorry for so many questions, but we just want to be prepared as possible…

Thanks

Rob and Louise
If you have 320k savings its worth putting it offshore surley?

Rgds

Rotor

Last edited by jdr; Jul 16th 2008 at 8:46 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

Ummm don't know about where you're going but around these parts if you're a tenant then your community charge & pool cleaning charge is included in your rent.

Depending on how cold it gets in winter and if you're using Calor gas for heating then it will cost you more than 25 euros. I use 2 gas bottles a week in the winter , so that was 25 euros per week.

Water is cheap, our last bill was 42 euros.

Our Iberdrola bill which we got 2 weeks ago was 62 euros, this for a 4 storey house!!
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

health care you get 2 years free from Uk Govt so save yourself 120e pcm, pool cleaning I would do myself with expert tuition from a local resident (me, plug my venture) & save a further 25e pcm.

I would also renegotiate my monthly rent by offering to do full maintenance, painting, gardening etc. As a landlord here myself that´s worth a 200e pcm reduction. Even in Moraira money 1200e pcm is a bit toppy. If that doesn´t get anywhere offer 6 months up front - good long term villa tenants are rare.

Hope it helps,
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

I would also think twice about selling your house - even though its in Chessington! - sorry, I am from Kingston. Why not rent it & see how it all works out. The cost of your inspections is tax deductible & with no other income you get all the rent tax free - claiming all the allowances. It also gives you something to worry about when you are laying on the beach!

That or sell it & buy a flat, there´s a few repos in your area in the next Allsop auction. Then you can live in Moraira & have a holiday home paid for by tenants in UK.

I personally wouldn´t cut my UK tie unless I was a. a pensioner or b. minted, or c. both minted & a pensioner.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

Yup I agree with poolboy, if you can possibly afford not to sell your UK house then don't.

I'm very pleased that I decided to hold on to mine and not cut all my ties to the UK.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dee_dee
Yup I agree with poolboy, if you can possibly afford not to sell your UK house then don't.

I'm very pleased that I decided to hold on to mine and not cut all my ties to the UK.
Dee_dee, you are very wise, I wish we had bought a flat in the UK instead of 2 properties here.

Wendy x
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IT LAD
Assuming you are both under 65 the income tax on that would be about 3400 euros.

If you take Rotor's advice and put it offshore it will still be liable for tax in Spain and as the witholding tax is now 18% which is the same as the Spanish income tax there would be no difference.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Cajam61 – Hopefully we will be able to get a villa cheaper, but we want to be close to ElPortet in Moaraira near some friends we know …We were hoping for a 3 bed detached villa with pool as there will be a lot of friends and family coming over for hols

Shinandy – is that to little for an accountant then?…I will only need one once a year to do my tax return and I thought €180 Euros a year would cover…I was going on what my accountant charges me for my Tax Return in the UK

Dee_dee, thanks for the info, that was good to know…

Poolboy, thanks for the tips on the villa… will be following your advice…I would rather do the gardening, painting, and the pool myself anyway… We have decided to sell the house so we can invest some of the money, and this with my wages will cover us…If it goes wrong in Spain, at least we can come back with the money and buy some where (have got a maisonette in New Malden that I rent out, so if I’m desperate)…Yeah, Chessington is a dive!!! I can’t wait to move… We have great neighbours and friends here though… cheers…

PoshnBucks LOB, don’t get it???

Rotor – sorry to be a dumb dumb, but I know nothing of putting our money offsure… does it pay monthly Interest, what rates do you get, is it safe??

cheers
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

My Gestor charged me €60 this year for my tax return

Offshore ....... many people are of the opinion that putting money offshore guarantees that you wont pay tax on it, but in fact its not the case. I keep referring to the court case with, I think, Barclays a while back when they were forced to reveal to HMRC all their customers offshore accounts
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Fred, thanks for that, really handy to know...we will have to add that to our budget...
Old Jul 16th 2008, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Oh, forgot about vets fees...are the charges cheaper in Spain... we have 2 dogs and 2 cats...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.