Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

feel like a change...

feel like a change...

Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: feel like a change...

Originally Posted by usinspain
What about Málaga (the city) anyone know anything about living there?
Not living in the city, no, we're 35/40 min NE, but in terms of offering museums, beaches, transport links, shops, the whole package, it's got the lot. Put it this way I've always hated cities, pretty much. Country girl all my life despite having a working patch in London in my late teens/20s. Malaga I love. We're currently weighing up what to do -Try to sell & rent in Malaga? But then selling.................
Rental prices is impossible to advise about because it's got such a range of locations. Where our son goes to school you have to pay upwards of 1000 for a house, 650/700 for an apartment. Not 5 minutes away it's significantly cheaper, 5 minutes in the other direction more expensive again.
Schools? Well yes there again there's a huge variation in views. In simple terms of big expat intake, I can't help. When shifting him from his village Spanish school we wanted to make sure his British International had the highests percentage Spanish pupils as possible ... and as it happens he's the only Brit in his year!
Oh, and the old chestnut about beaches full of Brits only honestly applies West of Guadalmar (and, for example, in Torremolinos, in my experience only in peak season) and I'm not too familiar with anywhere between El Palo & Torre de Mar.
Good luck with your search.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:52 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Depends which part of málaga, there are a lot of seedy areas, the same as in any City.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

usinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

such as Jacktoo? Which would you say are reasonable areas, given that we don´t want to pay much for rent. Also son will need a state secondary,
Thanks for your input too fionamw, seems like there are a few of us here wanting to do much the same. If you have any more suggestions bring them on!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to allCazzy1 is a name known to all

Maybe we should start something up..... We live in your house, pay your bills, maintain it and pay a small rent. It would help people who are struggling to keep their houses due to the present climate, and also genuine people who have their own home, thats just in the wrong place!!!
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usinspain
such as Jacktoo? Which would you say are reasonable areas, given that we don´t want to pay much for rent. Also son will need a state secondary,
Thanks for your input too fionamw, seems like there are a few of us here wanting to do much the same. If you have any more suggestions bring them on!!!!
There iis a bit here about the best places to live in malaga. I can't remember the worst but most days there are incidents in the news in certain areas. Personally, although I like to visit I would never consider living in malaga.

http://www.enalquiler.com/comunidad-...aga_18088.html