fed up

Old May 10th 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

lyndsey4gary2003 is on a distinguished road
Default fed up

well been living in algarrobo costa for 2 weeks not met many people so still a loner and looking for a job with no luck i have put adverts around and signed up with agenys may have to go back to uk for temporary work which i am gutted if anyone knows of anything availble jobwise let me know
Old May 10th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future
Default Re: fed up

Get yourself sat in the pub for a month i did when i first arrived and i now have a big cirlce of friends and contacts all from just being chatty etc.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:10 pm
Banned

joggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nice

I think it takes longer than two weeks to get a job and social network. If there is a way of doing it then let me know!
Old May 10th 2008, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

darran gilbert is on a distinguished road

Lyndsey & Gary,

I agree with john 1979 in fact I came over to spain for 2 weeks ( just got back)to check out the situation, working for a property company whislt I was there, because of my situation back here in England I had to come back & work whilst I sell my house, but as soon as its sold and things are sorted then I will be straight back over to Riveria Del Sol.

Its good to get out and meet the local community and make new friends and get some contacts, you never know what might come up in fact I was offered a couple of jobs in the few weeks I was there but the company I was working for are happy to have me back when all is sorted here in England.

In fact I met John1979 a few nights ago in a bar and we had a good night so If you read this John hope to see you soon mate and com'mon Southend Ha Ha!!!

But don't give up it's 100 times better lifestyle than England and good luck guys. By the way where are you living?

Darran
Old May 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

lyndsey4gary2003 is on a distinguished road

i am living algarrobo costa
Originally Posted by darran gilbert
Lyndsey & Gary,

I agree with john 1979 in fact I came over to spain for 2 weeks ( just got back)to check out the situation, working for a property company whislt I was there, because of my situation back here in England I had to come back & work whilst I sell my house, but as soon as its sold and things are sorted then I will be straight back over to Riveria Del Sol.

Its good to get out and meet the local community and make new friends and get some contacts, you never know what might come up in fact I was offered a couple of jobs in the few weeks I was there but the company I was working for are happy to have me back when all is sorted here in England.

In fact I met John1979 a few nights ago in a bar and we had a good night so If you read this John hope to see you soon mate and com'mon Southend Ha Ha!!!

But don't give up it's 100 times better lifestyle than England and good luck guys. By the way where are you living?

Darran
Old May 11th 2008, 7:57 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

That's gotta be a record...2 weeks and the honeymoon period's over already!!!!!!!!
Give the place/new life a chance! 2 weeks is nothing. It's likely to take months to get anywhere near settled and with any form of gainful employment. In the meantime get out there, learn Spanish and have fun!
Old May 11th 2008, 10:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

It took me about 12 months before I felt settled!
Old May 11th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with Mitzy, it takes a while I had not unpacked in two weeks, you must give it more time.
Old May 12th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lyndsey4gary2003
well been living in algarrobo costa for 2 weeks not met many people so still a loner and looking for a job with no luck i have put adverts around and signed up with agenys may have to go back to uk for temporary work which i am gutted if anyone knows of anything availble jobwise let me know
I have been here in the Costa Blanca for 4 & a half years, I am still not settled.

Just be very careful whom you trust, in fact trust nobody till you get to know them very well, & then be very cautious about them.

There are far to many expats who will take you for a everything you have.

Also, if you have work to be done, go for Spanish, the Brits here rip off the Brits, I know it has happened to us.

Please be careful.

Wendy x

Last edited by Wendy Nesbeth; May 12th 2008 at 12:15 am.
Old May 12th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Being lonely is horrible .... we didn't know many people on our urbanisation (a lot of them, like us, rent out their properties for much of the year, others are foreign etc) but decided to give it a go as we had nothing to lose. We went for a walk, with some pieces of paper saying we were having a 'get to know you' party on such and such a day and gave one to everyone we met/ saw working in their gardens, knocked on a few doors and introduced ourselves .... and it worked. We met lots of lovely people and had a great party! Now we have some nice friends in Spain.
Same thing could work in a pub .. if you have the nerve to go up and introduce yourself, offer to buy a drink, say you are new here and don't know the area .... most people are happy to talk about themselves, and their experiences ... at least that's what we found!
Good luck
xxxx
Old May 12th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

kayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nicekayley is just really nice

Well I was waiting for you to say "Hello" at the charity fun day. That might have been a start!

Bar Plata is having a music afternoon next Saturday. Its €8 or 8.50 (cant remember) for a meal, but it gets busy and needs to be booked in advance. The band is very good and if there's only two of you, you will be put on a table with another couple. It could be a pleasant way for you to get to know someone.

I hope I can post that as I'm not trying to advertise, but to make a suggestion.