Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Favourite train stations - Spain, UK or wherever..

Favourite train stations - Spain, UK or wherever..

Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favourite train stations - Spain, UK or wherever..

In Spain Teruel (the steps outside especially) was nice. Valencia is very good, and Atocha in Madrid is great (well apart from the pickpockets).

In the UK - St Pancras. I used to love York station too, but that was years and years ago, I don't know if it's still the same.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:36 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Favourite train stations - Spain, UK or wherever..

Oh dear.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:47 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Oh dear.
Hope I've not reminded you you've left your mobile on the train!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Have you at any time, past or present, been a trainspotter??

If you say No I won't believe you!!

Anyway, my offering. Toledo has a nice old stone "medievally" looking station with heavy black metal chandalliers.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:37 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Veleta
Have you at any time, past or present, been a trainspotter??

If you say No I won't believe you!!

Anyway, my offering. Toledo has a nice old stone "medievally" looking station with heavy black metal chandalliers.
Trainspotter? Afraid not, despite my geeky interests. Never saw the point in collecting train numbers... Love train films though like the 39 Steps and Blue Streak

I've been to Toledo station, but can't remember much about it. The rest of the city (a small walk from the station) dominates the memory..

Adding Glasgow Central station to my list...
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:45 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

What about Antwerp station on this day..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:59 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by JLFS
What about Antwerp station on this day..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k
Fantastic!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Brussels train station, they have the best Pizza there and a chocolate shop too
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:31 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

riveting.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

I like;
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
Its a small station with a long name
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:55 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by lmj50
I like;
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch
Its a small station with a long name
It's easy for you to say that!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:33 am
Not Banned (yet)

There are some great train stations in the UK; unfortunately they're not all so good

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6919167.ece

At Preston station, Werner Sutter, 57, said: “I travel a lot in Europe and this is probably one of the worst. To be honest, stations in Britain are not great,” he said. “Most stations are shocking. It is all 50 years old or more.”
I must admit I've been lucky, I've not really come across a really bad station lately. Even Clapham Junction (one of those mentioned in the article) didn't seem so bad to me.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:29 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I love Venice train station.

Most people have seen photos, tv clips or documentaries about Venice.

Most of those same people do not expect to walk out of the main doors of the station and immediately find themselves on the banks of The Grand Canal with all the hussle and bustle of Venetian life. The boats, the water taxis, the big palazzi lining the banks of the canal.

It's a first, breathtaking sight of Venice and one that most people do not forget.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Me and Cristiano love this one

Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Makingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant future

I would have to vote Faro train station as one of the worst. Thanks to the snow in February this year (in the UK) we ended up flying to Faro and then had to get the train up to Porto to pick our hire-care up and then drive to Galicia.

Unfortunately this meant 4 hours plus waiting in Faro train station and as this is the only train station I have been in that does not have a) toilets and b) left luggage facilities, my OH and I had to take turns guarding our luggage and wondering around town.

Not a train station, more a glorified portacabin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.