Reload this Page >

Family Moving to Javea

Family Moving to Javea

Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

shaipur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Moving to Javea

Hello everyone,

We are a family moving to Javea in May/June this year.

I have 3 children, 8, 10 & 14. I am planning on sending my youngest two to state school, but I feel my eldest will need to go to an international school to settle happily. They are very confident happy lively characters and also sporty (if this helps!) Any recommendations, tips, advice?

Also, my husband will be working away midweek and the occasional weekend, are any other mums in the same position?

I'm also very much into yoga, walking and photography, any groups available?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:54 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Moving to Javea

Originally Posted by shaipur
Hello everyone,

I have 3 children, 8, 10 & 14. I am planning on sending my youngest two to state school, but I feel my eldest will need to go to an international school to settle happily. They are very confident happy lively characters and also sporty (if this helps!) Any recommendations, tips, advice?

Also, my husband will be working away midweek and the occasional weekend, are any other mums in the same position?

Thanks in advance
Hi from Xàbia/Jávea

I think you're absolutely right to want an International school for your 14 year old - if I was looking for one for my 2 girls I'd be sending them to Laude Lady Elizabeth - it has a bi-lingual programme, several sports teams & I know some of the teachers there -the uper school isn't actually in Jávea but they do have school buses

there are lots of mums in Jávea in your position too, with 'commuting' husbands - and there are also lots of clubs - including for all your hobbies
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

shaipur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thank you so much for the reply.

Great on all counts! I have been looking at Laude Lady Elizabeth too.

So what I need to do next is find a home near to the school bus stop and close to a fab state primary school! I currently have a 1 hour round trip school drop off here in the Uk and I would prefer not to have to cope with this again. Any suggestions of area would be greatly appreciated? I will be looking for a 4/5 bed home with pool and as I practice yoga and meditation every day I'd really love a fab view.

Thanks, Shaipur
Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you so much for the reply.

Great on all counts! I have been looking at Laude Lady Elizabeth too.

So what I need to do next is find a home near to the school bus stop and close to a fab state primary school! I currently have a 1 hour round trip school drop off here in the Uk and I would prefer not to have to cope with this again. Any suggestions of area would be greatly appreciated? I will be looking for a 4/5 bed home with pool and as I practice yoga and meditation every day I'd really love a fab view.

Thanks, Shaipur
I don't know where the buses stop for Lady Elizabeth - but I would recommend you try to get your younger 2 into the Arenal school - my 2 went there & loved it & did very well there - they are very used to 'foreign kids' & have a fantastic policy of embracing the international aspect of having different nationalities there

with that in mind, & for the sort of property you want I'd be looking on the Cabo La Nao - you will be doing a fair bit of driving to anywhere from there -but school buses to the Arenal run up there so that will cut it down a bit
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

this is the pdf of the stops. http://laudeladyelizabeth.com/images...tas_12345a.pdf. Both my kids have gone to lady elizabeth for 6th form and have been very happy with it. There is also Xabia International College in Javea.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

tonysallis1 has a brilliant futuretonysallis1 has a brilliant futuretonysallis1 has a brilliant futuretonysallis1 has a brilliant futuretonysallis1 has a brilliant futuretonysallis1 has a brilliant future

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance
Hi I've got the same idea as you, thinking of moving to Spain in the next few months, let us know how you get on
Old Feb 28th 2012, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Casslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant future

Hello and welcome,

We are just 'over the hill' in Denia, but lived in Javea for 3 years until very recently.

In terms of your housing requirements the two conditions of wanting a view plus walking distance to places might not be reconcilable unfortunately... lots of villas with amazing views in Javea but all up in the urbs, whereas everything happens down in the valley. In terms of schools the Arenal had vacancies in most years last year when we looked, and if you lived walking distance of there you could also potentially end up close to the Barclays roundabout stop for the Laude bus.

If you are out for a reccy anytime soon do shout and say hi, and also both the international schools - Laude and XIC - offer free taster days. We did this before we moved and it really helped our girls, they made friends and kept in touch by email before we moved because they had all their own questions and concerns, I'd really recommend it.

Good luck with everything and shout with any queries
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:12 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Casslar
Hello and welcome,

We are just 'over the hill' in Denia, but lived in Javea for 3 years until very recently.

In terms of your housing requirements the two conditions of wanting a view plus walking distance to places might not be reconcilable unfortunately... lots of villas with amazing views in Javea but all up in the urbs, whereas everything happens down in the valley. In terms of schools the Arenal had vacancies in most years last year when we looked, and if you lived walking distance of there you could also potentially end up close to the Barclays roundabout stop for the Laude bus.

If you are out for a reccy anytime soon do shout and say hi, and also both the international schools - Laude and XIC - offer free taster days. We did this before we moved and it really helped our girls, they made friends and kept in touch by email before we moved because they had all their own questions and concerns, I'd really recommend it.

Good luck with everything and shout with any queries
ahem - that hill is officially a mountain
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
which you live on the right side of.

Rosemary
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:06 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Rosemary

Rosemary
that would be the one
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casslar
Hello and welcome,

<snip>
Originally Posted by Rosemary

Rosemary

that would be the one

Seems like Casslar is well placed to settle this ongoing dispute - namely: which is the right side of the mountain??
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:39 pm
Banned

see-twitter is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by see-twitter
THANKS
You're welcome.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by montgomail

Seems like Casslar is well placed to settle this ongoing dispute - namely: which is the right side of the mountain??
I knew that you would have to react to that. Is there a wrong side of a mountain?

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.