Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Family of 5 living costs on the Costa Del sol

Family of 5 living costs on the Costa Del sol

Old Sep 8th 2019, 4:21 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of 5 living costs on the Costa Del sol

Originally Posted by Dazcempa71

I do appreciate all the advice but I also feel very preached to on how to raise my children, their future is in their hands, they follow their own path and as I’ve stated before we have lived their before and are actually only asking about the cost of living.....nothing more

thank you for your help so far
Apologies if I've given the impression of preaching. I didn't mean to....
Good luck with your venture!

Old Sep 8th 2019, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Dazcempa71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Apologies if I've given the impression of preaching. I didn't mean to....
Good luck with your venture!
no need to apologise as I understand everyone’s concerns and rightly so, but we do have the education side covered as I still have friends living their with children of the same age, as well as doing our own research.

its always concerning when taking children abroad to live and the ability to work after education is always important, the beauty of what I do is they can do it part (2hrs a day) time and still make more than what some people make work 6 days a week.

also they won’t work for me, they will work for
themselves, what I do isn’t an employable business, I can’t hire people, but I can show and do show my children WHAT I do so the can replicate it.

however there are questions I have to ask my lawyer / accountant in spain regarding this, so unless all the ducks line up we won’t be moving back....

i appreciate everyones input, schooling and money
Old Sep 11th 2019, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Family of 5 living costs on the Costa Del sol

hi all

there are 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 children aged 8, 9 and 16, I work from home and can move this income to Spain, (I do need a good strong fast internet) we lived there before (roughly 10yrs ago) but am wondering what the monthly cost is to live there again.
i understand we all have different ways of living, but just general really, we’ve found a 3 bed for €850pm and the children will attend Spanish school.

any help would be appreciated
Hi.from our own experience and living inland by fifteen minuets inland from major coastal towns,the cost difference on simple items such as a beer, coffee, cost of fuel , or a meal can be as much as 30% cheaper.
we live in a same size house as we used on the south coast of England how ever we estimate that our outgoings to run the house for all bills are roughly 40% less.food in general is slightly cheaper than the uk how ever if you use local markets the cost is significantly cheaper.a big example is our council tax in the uk was 2000+ gbp per year for the same house here is 450 euro
Old Sep 11th 2019, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el collado kid
Hi.from our own experience and living inland by fifteen minuets inland from major coastal towns,the cost difference on simple items such as a beer, coffee, cost of fuel , or a meal can be as much as 30% cheaper.
we live in a same size house as we used on the south coast of England how ever we estimate that our outgoings to run the house for all bills are roughly 40% less.food in general is slightly cheaper than the uk how ever if you use local markets the cost is significantly cheaper.a big example is our council tax in the uk was 2000+ gbp per year for the same house here is 450 euro
thank you very helpful, we are also on the southern coast and council tax is £1500pa - we currently survive on £3k a month income as any other income goes towards the business and expanding, so from the sounds of it that should be sufficient (more available if needed)

really appreciate your advice, thanks again
Old Sep 11th 2019, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

what do you do?!
Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:30 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
what do you do?!
This has been intriguing me, too!
Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
This has been intriguing me, too!
Basically I do sports trading (and no not gambling although all trading is a gamble to some degree) and moving onto forex trading
Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Basically I do sports trading (and no not gambling although all trading is a gamble to some degree) and moving onto forex trading
Thanks for that! (had to google sports trading).
Just check with your former Spanish accountant what business structure you must set up, and when your children can work legally...
Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Thanks for that! (had to google sports trading).
Just check with your former Spanish accountant what business structure you must set up, and when your children can work legally...
Indeed and this worries me the most::
I’ve been teaching them for many years what I do and they can comfortably do it part time and make a good living.

Old Sep 12th 2019, 9:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
I’ve been teaching them for many years what I do and they can comfortably do it part time and make a good living.
I'm the first to admit that I know nothing about onlivne trading, but surely it is regulated in some way? I'm amazed that kids are legally allowed to bet and trade in this way.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 10:06 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm the first to admit that I know nothing about onlivne trading, but surely it is regulated in some way? I'm amazed that kids are legally allowed to bet and trade in this way.
It certainly isn't allowed in France. Minors aren't allowed to set up a business structure and their employment is strictly regulated here. The parents would have serious problems if their children worked on the black. It's illegal to bet/gamble under 18....
Which is why the OP should research this aspect if they want to become resident in Spain. It must surely be illegal for the 16-year-old to earn money in that way, even more so the younger ones....
P.S. Sorry all this is going off on a tangent from the OP's original cost-of-living query, but the question must be settled if the family's £3000 pm includes money earned by the children....

Last edited by dmu; Sep 12th 2019 at 10:11 am.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
It certainly isn't allowed in France. Minors aren't allowed to set up a business structure and their employment is strictly regulated here. The parents would have serious problems if their children worked on the black. It's illegal to bet/gamble under 18....
Which is why the OP should research this aspect if they want to become resident in Spain. It must surely be illegal for the 16-year-old to earn money in that way, even more so the younger ones....
P.S. Sorry all this is going off on a tangent from the OP's original cost-of-living query, but the question must be settled if the family's £3000 pm includes money earned by the children....
Exactly. In Spain it is illegal to work under the age of 16.
The minimum working age in Spain is 16, though permission from parents or guardians is required up to 18 years of age, unless the person is legally emancipated.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
ok guys and gals I do understand everyone’s concerns but ALL of this has been looked into, and your “worries” I’m confused about, but then you aren’t aware of the full story...
papertrading which is trading on real markets but FAKE money is how my children have been taught, so no laws etc broken...
forex trading is not going to be taught to them until they are of legal age, currently they learn the candlesticks, systems and basic knowledge of how and when to trade, they don’t actually trade on ANY live markets.

i could go further into all of this but yet AGAIN a post of cost of living has escalated into children’s well-being, welfare, legalities of what I do, legal implications doing this in Spain and various other things.

my POST NEVER asked for any advice on ANY of these issues as they are all covered
Old Sep 12th 2019, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ok guys and gals I do understand everyone’s concerns but ALL of this has been looked into, and your “worries” I’m confused about, but then you aren’t aware of the full story...
papertrading which is trading on real markets but FAKE money is how my children have been taught, so no laws etc broken...
forex trading is not going to be taught to them until they are of legal age, currently they learn the candlesticks, systems and basic knowledge of how and when to trade, they don’t actually trade on ANY live markets.

i could go further into all of this but yet AGAIN a post of cost of living has escalated into children’s well-being, welfare, legalities of what I do, legal implications doing this in Spain and various other things.

my POST NEVER asked for any advice on ANY of these issues as they are all covered
This is the joy of posting on a public forum. Everyone has an opinion and more often than not, people are trying to help. It's incredibly common for people to post asking questions such as yours and it turns out they haven't thought through many other important factors which may be very relevant to their original question. Good luck with your adventure.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This is the joy of posting on a public forum. Everyone has an opinion and more often than not, people are trying to help. It's incredibly common for people to post asking questions such as yours and it turns out they haven't thought through many other important factors which may be very relevant to their original question. Good luck with your adventure.
totally understand and in some cases the questions thrown up can be beneficial, but in this case I seem to be repeating myself lol

also in a text / posts you can’t get the tone of people so please don’t think I’m not grateful etc it’s good to hear being concerned especially about children, but I can assure EVERYONE my children are everything to me and I would never do anything to harm them in any way, Spain is a dream right now, I’m hoping everything lines up to make it a reality.

thank you all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.