Fallas

Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fallas

We have had a very busy few days going to a few different places to look at the various Fallas. As usual we were absolutely astounded by the craftmanship and regret that they were all set alight to last night. My OH took 260 photo's so I am extremely glad that he uses digital now.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fallas

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We have had a very busy few days going to a few different places to look at the various Fallas. As usual we were absolutely astounded by the craftmanship and regret that they were all set alight to last night. My OH took 260 photo's so I am extremely glad that he uses digital now.

Rosemary
Put some on here.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:20 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Put some on here.
Did not want to bore people but as you asked so nicely I will later when I have more time.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

as you asked so nicely

Rosemary

do i detect some sarcasm
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:23 am

Here are 5 photo's of some of the Fallas in Cullera and Alzira (I think), as you can see they are very tall and extremely close to the buildings. I understand that there was one in Valencia city that was 30 metres high but we did not manage to get to Valencia this year.

Rosemary
Attached Thumbnails Fallas-fallas-2008-011.jpg   Fallas-fallas-2008-037.jpg   Fallas-fallas-2008-078.jpg   Fallas-167.jpg   Fallas-197.jpg  

Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:27 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got one of a naked lady, and also one of RM
I'll try & post em later
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ive got one of a naked lady, and also one of RM
I'll try & post em later
Graham's favourite ninots are ones that have the big busoms.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:38 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Here are 5 photo's of some of the Fallas in Cullera and Alzira (I think), as you can see they are very tall and extremely close to the buildings. I understand that there was one in Valencia city that was 30 metres high but we did not manage to get to Valencia this year.

Rosemary
Rosemary - I have not heard of Fallas before. Could you tell me more about them/it? or post a link for me, please?

thanks
Sharon
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

tried to post pics and failed?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:53 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Rosemary - I have not heard of Fallas before. Could you tell me more about them/it? or post a link for me, please?

thanks
Sharon
Yer tis

http://www.fallas.com/historia/ingles.htm
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by tednsharon

thanks
Sharon
Fallas is the biggest fiesta in the Valencian region. Apparently this fiesta originated when the carpenters were sorting out their wood in the spring and throwing some of it out into the street and built bonfires out of it which were then set alight to honour their patron.

Most towns build the monuments during the year and they are 'planted' out in the streets on 14 -16 of March. They depict political issues, local issues, fantasy, or generally take the mickey out of people in general. All are burnt on 19 March and this is called 'La Noche de Crema'.

There are also processions most days which are extremely colourful because of the beautiful costumes that the women, children and men wear.

If you google Fallas there are a lot of websites with loads of information and photo's. It really is a lovely time here, with the colours, size of monuments and the excitement of the people.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by featherbum
do i detect some sarcasm
No, sorry if it sounded that way. I love our life here so much and am always willing to share our experiences with others but am well aware that this may become boring to some people so was very glad that JDR requested photo's.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No, sorry if it sounded that way. I love our life here so much and am always willing to share our experiences with others but am well aware that this may become boring to some people so was very glad that JDR requested photo's.

Rosemary
Nice pics and not boring at all. ;-))

I seem to recognize some of them. ;-)
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:31 pm
Senior Moment

Well heres my contribution, although Oliva was a bit dissapointing after last years wonderful show

One of the smaller ones

Managed to see Rugbymatt there

A rather large pig

Me playing Golf

Ooooeeeer, must be samedifference

In the main square

and of course a skating dog

Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Rosemary
I was a bit dissapointed with the ones in Gandia this year, maybe after a few years you just get used to how wonderful they are

here are a few pics from Gandia - the attention to detail is amazing though
Attached Thumbnails Fallas-imgp4987.jpg   Fallas-imgp4988.jpg   Fallas-imgp4993.jpg   Fallas-imgp5000.jpg   Fallas-imgp4992.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.