Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Eye Tests in Spain

Eye Tests in Spain

Old Apr 15th 2006, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eye Tests in Spain

Has anyone had an eyetest in Spain, especially where English is not spoken.

I think I could need new specs as getting harder to see the blurey bits on the tv. Oh, aren't they supposed to be blurey!!

It's a choice of going to an opticians here or waiting until I go back to the UK and can visit Specsavers and then have the glasses posted.

The designs here are really lovely but at Specsavers 2 for the price of 1. Difficult decision.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: Eye Tests in Spain

Originally Posted by glynis

I think I could need new specs as getting harder to see the blurey bits on the tv. Oh, aren't they supposed to be blurey!!

It's a choice of going to an opticians here or waiting until I go back to the UK and can visit Specsavers and then have the glasses posted.

The designs here are really lovely but at Specsavers 2 for the price of 1. Difficult decision.
Specsavers can be found in Spain. They advertise on Spanish TV.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unexpat
Specsavers can be found in Spain. They advertise on Spanish TV.
Really, I am suprised. Do they do two for one in Spain then?
Old Apr 16th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

I have had two. I had the first one a day after moving here as my brand new glasses on a new prescription I got the day before in England were proving more than usless. Despite the Optician having no English and me having no Spanish it took less than half an hour for him to conduct an eye test, test both my old and new glasses and work out the problem was due to the new prescription being wildly out.

I had a second test here 3 years later. Both tests were free.

I have found glasses here to be very expensive compared to the UK however online it is possible to buy glasses which makes Specsavers UK 2 for 1 offer look a bit of a con. One example is www.glassesdirect.co.uk

Best
Loco

Old Apr 16th 2006, 2:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Really, I am suprised. Do they do two for one in Spain then?
Soloptical were advertising two for one a couple of weeks ago, but i dont think they have a shop in Torquay Where abouts are you in Spain ?
Sus gafas en solo 1 hora
Old Apr 16th 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Soloptical were advertising two for one a couple of weeks ago, but i dont think they have a shop in Torquay Where abouts are you in Spain ?
Sus gafas en solo 1 hora
Chiclana (infamous) on Costa de Luz, JDR.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Chiclana (infamous) on Costa de Luz, JDR.
Hi Glynis

Don't forget, specs might need to be fitted so if you get them from UK you could have problems with comfort etc.

Specsavers is a franchise I believe, so not surprising they could turn up in Spain!

All my family use them, gosh that sounds dreadful.

Hubby and I suffer from age related 'short arm' syndrome but sadly eldest son is extremely short sighted, makes me feel quite guilty as I made him. Recently the youngest was diagnosed as short sighted too, although in his case, probably as a result of eye abuse with extended PC use.

Pity they don't offer a bulk discount!