Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Extreme Christmas Lights ?

Extreme Christmas Lights ?

Old Dec 21st 2012, 8:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extreme Christmas Lights ?

....around houses and gardens.
Very popular in the UK.

Wonder if anyone has seen similar displays in Spain, either on Expats or Spanish houses ?

It could be said that some are way OTT back in Blighty, but from a UK TV prog I've just been watching, it's nice to see that they can not only bring a lot of cheer to a lot of ppl. but also raise a fair bit of money for charity.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extreme Christmas Lights ?

I visit a friend´s house every week for a Spanish tertulia and right opposite is one of those displays. The garden is packed full of flashing things, things on the roof, some scaffolding on the side of the garden filled with even more flashing thingies! There´s a generator thumping away capable of supplying a small city, I´d hate to live anywhere near it! However, as you say, all the money collected goes to a local children's hospital and there are always loads of people there with their kids.