Reload this Page >

Exporting goods as a UK LTD company

Exporting goods as a UK LTD company

Old Feb 4th 2021, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

EnglishFeliz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exporting goods as a UK LTD company

Hi,
I’m new to the forum! I’ve read a few threads that brush on a few similar topics but the area I’m looking for advice is slightly different.

Last year I setup my own e-commerce business that is registered as a UK Ltd company. I’ve been using a third party fulfilment service with warehouses in both the UK and Dublin.

I’m currently looking at the possibility of taking on all of the EU orders myself here in Mallorca with all of our UK orders (80% of our customer base) still being fulfilled in the UK.

We’re still a very small company, turning over less than £3k/month and consequently the reason I’m looking to take on more work myself and cut a few costs.

My question is, what would I need to be registered for here in Spain to keep this all above board? We’re currently registered for VAT in both the UK and Ireland, with all of our EU sales being charged the Irish VAT rate as that’s their point of dispatch.

I’m not currently a resident here in Mallorca as (pre pandemic) I was travelling more than 6 months of the year for work and I’m still paying tax in the UK as self employed.

We registered in Ireland as a ‘distant seller’ and for VAT, which covered us there and was fairly straight forward. Everything I’ve read about doing something similar in Spain sounds a lot more complicated!

Anyway, apologies for the very long winded post and if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thank you