Expired Visa

Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

doubleu2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expired Visa

I have overstayed my 3 month visa welcome here in Spain. Its been about 1 year and I was wondering what do you guys think will happen when I return to the US? i have heard stories that some people get lucky and nothing happens. Others only get banned from the country for a couple months or years. I dont really care about the penalty because when I go back to the US i tend to stay there. I heard it was smart to pretend to lose your passport and apply for a new one here in Spain at a US Embassy. Wondering what everyone has heard?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all
Default Re: Expired Visa

Funny that because on one of the "siesta" threads yesterday you said you'd only moved here 2 months ago... nice try and 10 out of 10 for effort, -10 for thinking through before posting ...unless it was a typo and you meant 12 months instead of 2 in which case apologies.

Last edited by Richie1892; Apr 2nd 2013 at 8:41 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Expired Visa

Originally Posted by doubleu2
I have overstayed my 3 month visa welcome here in Spain. Its been about 1 year and I was wondering what do you guys think will happen when I return to the US? i have heard stories that some people get lucky and nothing happens. Others only get banned from the country for a couple months or years. I dont really care about the penalty because when I go back to the US i tend to stay there. I heard it was smart to pretend to lose your passport and apply for a new one here in Spain at a US Embassy. Wondering what everyone has heard?
They wont let you in and you will have to remain stateless forever!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:36 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
They wont let you in and you will have to remain stateless forever!
But on the bright side he could be the star of a film called "Terminal" or something like that, maybe get an A lister like Brad Pitt or Tom Hanks to play the leading roll.

Oh bugger, it has already been done.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

doubleu2 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow what a bunch of douche bags!! geeeeez guys y cant you have a normal conversation, forums are here to inform people,a exchange of ideas, see what other peoples perspectives are. Why do you all have to be dicks and why can't you just answer the question on this thread? Plain and simple.....lol pathetic ****s!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:14 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

wow what a bunch of douche bags!! geeeeez guys y cant you have a normal conversation, forums are here to inform people,a exchange of ideas, see what other peoples perspectives are. Why do you all have to be dicks and why can't you just answer the question on this thread? Plain and simple.....lol pathetic ****s!
NEXT.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:21 pm
Banned

It could be that we cannot answer the question because offhand I cannot think of a Spain poster who is in your situation ie overstayed their visa and wondering if they will get their collar felt when returning to the US.

As a suggestion might it not be better to look for a "visa overstayers" forum or something like that? That way you could get the answer from fellow offenders and not some dicks who know nothing about your predicament.

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all

My advice would be that if you have a 3 month visa then only stay 3 months, is that better?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:02 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The lack of visa allows Spain to throw you out; the fact you´re going, then makes the Spanish Authorities job easier. The good old US of A doesn´t care so no worries.

Davexf
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

you come to Spain & break the law by overstaying - not a few days by accident, but a loooong time, so you must have known what you were doing

& then expect us to help you??

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

This is after "sympathising" with a blatant "troll" on another thread which makes me a bit suspicious of you anyway, a thread on which you said you'd only been here for 2 months( I offered an apology if that was just a typo, which indicates the sort of lad I am) a thread where you also abused other posters(indicates the kind of person you are) and the troll was also from the States...Coincidence? maybe, maybe not but either way I'm not interested in you or your self inflicted problem(if it exists) and I'd like to say you'll get what you deserve but I doubt that will be the case. My best piece of advice would maybe be for you to consider growing up a little
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:12 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Why dont you go to the USA threads and see if you can get back in to the USA.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Nothoing should happen when you go back to the US, you will have your US passport so should get in, any problem will come when and if you apply for a further Spanish Visa.
The reason that people have difficulty in answering your question is that the site is, as it says, BRITISH expats, who do not need a visa to go to Spain. If, as I am assuming you are a US citizen, then really the best place to search would be a specific US forum
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:05 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richie1892
Funny that because on one of the "siesta" threads yesterday you said you'd only moved here 2 months ago... nice try and 10 out of 10 for effort, -10 for thinking through before posting ...unless it was a typo and you meant 12 months instead of 2 in which case apologies.
Another Troll by the sound of it