Reload this Page >

Expenses when working as autonomo

Expenses when working as autonomo

Old Feb 11th 2019, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

pilki42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Expenses when working as autonomo

Hi folks,

I've been doing a good bit of googling and searching around forums to understand the best plan going forward for when the move to Spain happens.

Scenario: Currently working for (small) company on projects in UK/Europe. Intention is to continue working for said company remotely. My UK office is a branch of the company's HQ in Australia.

The company works in services, specifically in tech solutions for rail.

From the sounds of things, it'd probably be simpler to register as autonomo when I become tax resident in Spain and sort out my tax obligations locally. One thing that I'm unsure about is where expenses can/can not be deducted or claimed.

It looks to me like I'd zero-rate the IVA in any invoices to my parent company, which as far as I can see means that I cannot claim back the IVA from the Hacienda.

However, in other places I'm seeing that business expenses can be deducted from the IRPF calculation.

Am I correct in interpreting that expenses can be claimed for deductions from my IRPF contribution as the gross amount, leaving just the IVA paid as is?

Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2019, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expenses when working as autonomo

IVA on business expenses are deducted from taxes due.

IE: if you buy a new computer for the office for 500 euros, your gestor will deduct the iva (105€) from what you are due to pay at the end of the 3 month period.

gestors are paid monthly.

tax is paid quarterly.

social security is paid monthly.

social security is cheaper for the first 6 months (afaik) as a "new" company to make it better for new companies.

Last edited by bfg69bug; Feb 12th 2019 at 8:01 pm. Reason: spelling mistake - typing too fast
Old Feb 12th 2019, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

pilki42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expenses when working as autonomo

Ahhhh,

That makes a lot of sense if the IVA is deducted from the IRPF

Thanks so much for clarifying!

I have a feeling I'll be leaning slightly on the gestor for the first year or two to help understand everything