Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Exchanging/renewing UK driving licence

Exchanging/renewing UK driving licence

Old Jul 28th 2016, 11:59 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exchanging/renewing UK driving licence

Old topic but up-to-date info requested.

Has anyone done this recently and know what it now costs?

A friend recently did this and was charged a lot (I think) by her gestor.

By my understanding the charges are;
  • 26.26€ for the licence at trafico
  • a fee for countersigning the photos (20€ ?)
  • a fee to do the leg work (30€ ?)
  • a medical (30€ ?)

Have I forgotten anything?

My friend was charged 120€ plus the cost of a medical (yet to be done).
Old Jul 29th 2016, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchanging/renewing UK driving licence

I had photos countersigned at a notary it cost me €4,52.

if she is going to pay that then she would be better off being fined for not changing it, lol
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:04 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I had photos countersigned at a notary it cost me €4,52.

if she is going to pay that then she would be better off being fined for not changing it, lol
... she doesn't have to change it until it expires.

That's a really good price, i'll bare that in mind for later - thanks.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:17 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

There is no requirement to have a photo countersigned. You attach the photo to a "talon foto" which you sign and that signature is scanned with the photo and printed on the licence.

Also, according to the information on the DGT site, a medical is NOT required for a licence exchange, although, depending on which DGT office you go to, they MAY ask for one.

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tra...14-01-2016.pdf

Last edited by Fred James; Jul 30th 2016 at 8:20 am.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:20 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If they insist on a medical it is very basic. Eye sight and blood pressure is all I can remember being checked.

Rosemary
Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:23 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

They also are obliged to give you a simulated driving test on a computer. It's a bit like a 1980's computer game.

I have done the medical a number of times and it has always included the test, but that seems to depend on which centre you go to.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 8:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
They also are obliged to give you a simulated driving test on a computer. It's a bit like a 1980's computer game.

I have done the medical a number of times and it has always included the test, but that seems to depend on which centre you go to.
Yes, I forgot that, hate that sort of thing.

Rosemary