Exchange rate

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exchange rate

I've seen no posts on this subject, is no one interested ?

Too full of Christmas spirits ?

It's now over 1.20 on the currency markets and I got 1.18 in a street exchange for cash this morning
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I've seen no posts on this subject, is no one interested ?

Too full of Christmas spirits ?

It's now over 1.20 on the currency markets and I got 1.18 in a street exchange for cash this morning
I am now!.... mind you my OH probably knows hour by hour anyway so given I rarely need pounds it's all under control.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:44 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I've been watching it going up - it seems the money markets love the recent "Cameron v Europe" saga

Jo xxx
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already up 4% on my dollar purchase...
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
I'm already up 4% on my dollar purchase...
Leads to a bit of a split personality when you need the pound to be strong to get the best rate bringing euros over for houskeeping yet the euro to be strong against the dollar so the fuel doesn't go through the roof (again)
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Maurice is an unknown quantity at this point

I got 1.176 yesterday on transfer from UK
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:37 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Leads to a bit of a split personality when you need the pound to be strong to get the best rate bringing euros over for houskeeping yet the euro to be strong against the dollar so the fuel doesn't go through the roof (again)
It is a mind-bender, isn't it? We worrying about the Euro becoming valued similarly to the dollar so that already staggering petrol prices don't go higher, yet, Americans (on the dollar economy) pay only a fraction of what we do for their petrol...

And on the other hand... me cherishing the thought of the Euro valued on par with the Dollar so that I'll make a good profit from all those dollars I just bought...

...while at the same time hoping a praying the Pound will become double the value of the Euro... so our Spanish mortgage becomes half of its value in pounds, and our pensions (in sterling) buy twice as much in Euros...

Let the good times roll!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
It is a mind-bender, isn't it? We worrying about the Euro becoming valued similarly to the dollar so that already staggering petrol prices don't go higher, yet, Americans (on the dollar economy) pay only a fraction of what we do for their petrol...

And on the other hand... me cherishing the thought of the Euro valued on par with the Dollar so that I'll make a good profit from all those dollars I just bought...

...while at the same time hoping a praying the Pound will become double the value of the Euro... so our Spanish mortgage becomes half of its value in pounds, and our pensions (in sterling) buy twice as much in Euros...

Let the good times roll!
just imagine if say the Greeks pulled out of the euro.They are one of the big anchors dragging it down. Would it then soar because its weakest link has been cut away or with the prospect of Portugal , Ireland etc following suit.
Or plummet because of the run on the European Banks that have huge exposure to those countries and the chaos that would ensue.

My bet would be a big violent down then a very gradual up as the stronger remnants (Germany, Netherlands, France etc) of the Euro remain.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is the big unknown, what if Greece came out and did better what would other badly affected countries do including Spain I don't think anyone has a clue I suppose what will be will be. Mind strikes me that every time the pound picks up against the Euro and gets discussed on here it goes down so SHHHHHHHHH
Old Dec 24th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobd22
I think that is the big unknown, what if Greece came out and did better what would other badly affected countries do including Spain I don't think anyone has a clue I suppose what will be will be. Mind strikes me that every time the pound picks up against the Euro and gets discussed on here it goes down so SHHHHHHHHH
ONE COUNTRY needs to pull out. House of cards, simples.
DSB.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

. Mind strikes me that every time the pound picks up against the Euro and gets discussed on here it goes down so SHHHHHHHHH
Don't forget those going home to the UK want the opposite to happen.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Exchange rate

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Down 1c for Christmas yesterday around 1.1950 but that may be just dealers closing out for Christmas.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike Iceland, which has managed to dig itself out, Greece cannot leave the Euro or the Eu, it relies too much on the beneficial nature of the union. They would never be able to dig themselves out of the mess they are in, they seem to believe the rest of the world owes them a living for all that history they gave us several millenia ago.

Old Dec 24th 2011, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Very true but also there are the ones that have suffered badly with the exchange rate drop and mortgages in Euro to pay and to be honest although it is good to be back where it is it could be better.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

I think the principal reason the Euro has weakened is nothing to do with DC but because the ECB made available €489bn in cheap 3 year loans.

Quantative easing in effect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.