Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ex Directory Possible?

Ex Directory Possible?

Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ex Directory Possible?

Is it possible to go ex directory with Telefonica and avoid the endless cold callers? Whats it known as in Spanish?
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:18 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex Directory Possible?

Originally Posted by Rotor
Is it possible to go ex directory with Telefonica and avoid the endless cold callers? Whats it known as in Spanish?
I used to have a monologue I would go into in the UK, i'd congratulate them on getting back to me so fast after my complaints about the leopards breeding in the drains etc until I ran out of bullshit to feed them.

If you have the spare time, and you aren't having to pay for the call, there is a world of fun to be had with cold callers.

Trouble is, over here my Spanish isn't up to that.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I used to have a monologue I would go into in the UK, i'd congratulate them on getting back to me so fast after my complaints about the leopards breeding in the drains etc until I ran out of bullshit to feed them.

If you have the spare time, and you aren't having to pay for the call, there is a world of fun to be had with cold callers.

Trouble is, over here my Spanish isn't up to that.
I often pass the phone to my 10 year old , this winds them up a treat
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:47 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I had one of them explaining to me who Vodafone was. Great laugh.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I often pass the phone to my 10 year old , this winds them up a treat
Glad to see you are bringing him up in a good sound moral framework.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of ours in the UK let a kitchen saleswoman ramble on for half an hour extolling the virtues of their product.
She asked about the state of his farmhouse kitchen and he said it was a mess. At the end of her scripted speech she asked him... now that she had told him what they could do, what did he intend to do, his reply was......I'm going to move!

Oh how I wish my Spanish was up to doing that here when they cold call.
I have learned though never to speak to them in Spanish, I just keep repeating ..."I don't speak Spanish", they always put the phone down on me.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:58 am
ĀæDĆ³nde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
A friend of ours in the UK let a kitchen saleswoman ramble on for half an hour extolling the virtues of their product.
She asked about the state of his farmhouse kitchen and he said it was a mess. At the end of her scripted speech she asked him... now that she had told him what they could do, what did he intend to do, his reply was......I'm going to move!

Oh how I wish my Spanish was up to doing that here when they cold call.
I have learned though never to speak to them in Spanish, I just keep repeating ..."I don't speak Spanish", they always put the phone down on me.
yes, that ususally works

however my OH thought he had come unstuck recently when the girl said in careful, scripted english, 'I will find an english speaker, please wait'

after a few minutes of listening to music, she came back on the line and said, again very carefully, 'I'm sorry the english speaker is not here. Thankyou'
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to go ex directory with Telefonica
Judging by the answers, I guess nobody knows!
I have no idea if Listarobinson works, but it is supposed to be the equivalent of the UK's Telephone Preferential Service
https://www.listarobinson.es/default.asp

Last edited by agoreira; Mar 22nd 2011 at 8:04 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:19 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

I am and always have been (22 years) ex directory in Spain, as I was for many years in UK.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulianWard

I am and always have been (22 years) ex directory in Spain, as I was for many years in UK.
No doubt you are but it might be useful to the OP if you told us how to achieve that exalted status
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:13 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fred James
No doubt you are but it might be useful to the OP if you told us how to achieve that exalted status
No mystery Fred. I requested it when I signed up !! Sorry I assumed that would be obvious.

I told a couple friends who want to change, they called 1004 and requested ex-directory, no problem, except that they had previously been 'in the book' so their number and address could be found if someone looked at an old directory. Or the number could have been changed but the address bit would still be problematical.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - very useful.

But does it necessarily stop spam calls if you were previously not ex-directory?

It's probably like computer spam - once you are on the spammers lists there is nowhere to hide!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I get a cold call I ask them to wait a moment, I then shout out loud for father and put the phone down and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes or the next TV adverts.

That wastes their time until they ring off, time being their most expensive commodity
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:28 pm
Banned

I don't recall any spam calls on my ex-directory line although I do get some spam on mine and my wife's mobiles. I just say politely, "No hablo espaƱol, gracias" and hang up. Seems to work so far.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think being ex directory will help you, telesales companies operate from lists rather than the phone book. Every time you give your contact details to a company whether it be opening a bank account, booking a flight online or just basic online shopping you put yourself on a list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.