Old May 13th 2007, 8:00 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eurovision song contest!!!

Originally Posted by lynnxa
maybe we're the only 2 that didn't?!
Its looking that way lol.
Old May 13th 2007, 9:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I watch it cos I still can't believe that so much effort every year goes into such a crappy event. Yet, it still seems so popular.

The fact that you just KNOW who each country is going to vote for makes it even more ridiculous.

Terry Wogan though makes it all worthwhile
Old May 13th 2007, 9:15 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Its looking that way lol.
Not watched it for so many years that I think it was Katey not Terry doing the chat.

Hate TV anyway, only ever watch the odd film so have not bothered to have Sky.

Rosemary
Old May 13th 2007, 4:03 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Eurovision song contest should be renamed !

"The who loves who show"

The songs are purely academic , doesnt matter if there good bad or whatever ?

The show only points out where Countrys stand in the scale of things , and maybe its just me but i am so angry at how the UK only got
votes from MALTA which it will do as they still remember how we saved them during world war 2 !! Unlike the smelly french who hate us with a vengeance even though we saved there smelly arses also !!!

Ireland gave us the rest of the votes and so they should as they are like our brothers and sisters anyways..

So i ask where was the Spain support ??

Now had the song been a real crappy song like last years abortion ! You could say well it was bad so thats fair voting , however the song was middle of the road catchy snappy and had the right mix of Eurovision style to it ..

This has just proved what i know to be true anyways that the UK is not liked by any other European Country !! Its just a lovely place to go and sponge off when they need it

So in a nutshell we shouldnt bother going in for it again and should now realise what is so plainly obvious that the UK is a laughing stock , ran by namby pambys leaders who even with evidence as obvious as this will still rake in billions in taxes to aid Countries who wouldnt pee on us if we was on fire
Old May 13th 2007, 4:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
I cant believe so many of you watched it
Didn´t, got my info from Yahoo.. and the Terry Wogan quote was from the Paul O´Grady show
Old May 13th 2007, 4:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I think the Eurovision song contest should be renamed !

"The who loves who show"

The songs are purely academic , doesnt matter if there good bad or whatever ?

The show only points out where Countrys stand in the scale of things , and maybe its just me but i am so angry at how the UK only got
votes from MALTA which it will do as they still remember how we saved them during world war 2 !! Unlike the smelly french who hate us with a vengeance even though we saved there smelly arses also !!!

Ireland gave us the rest of the votes and so they should as they are like our brothers and sisters anyways..

So i ask where was the Spain support ??

Now had the song been a real crappy song like last years abortion ! You could say well it was bad so thats fair voting , however the song was middle of the road catchy snappy and had the right mix of Eurovision style to it ..

This has just proved what i know to be true anyways that the UK is not liked by any other European Country !! Its just a lovely place to go and sponge off when they need it

So in a nutshell we shouldnt bother going in for it again and should now realise what is so plainly obvious that the UK is a laughing stock , ran by namby pambys leaders who even with evidence as obvious as this will still rake in billions in taxes to aid Countries who wouldnt pee on us if we was on fire
Maybe we don't really want to win it mate, Ireland lost millions hosting it.
Old May 13th 2007, 4:16 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Maybe we don't really want to win it mate, Ireland lost millions hosting it.
I want us to win it and with fair voting reckon would be 1st or 2nd to Russia ..

I just wonder when people in the Uk are gonna wake up ?
Old May 13th 2007, 4:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I want us to win it and with fair voting reckon would be 1st or 2nd to Russia ..

I just wonder when people in the Uk are gonna wake up ?
Swap sides, start supporting Spain
Old May 13th 2007, 4:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Swap sides, start supporting Spain
i was rooting for them actually ...
Old May 13th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch the contest because we have neither Spanish nor British TV!
However, I've just watched the YouTube link of the Spanish entry, and I thought it was a great song!

(Plus the fact one of those young men was rather scrummy!! )

I think you're right about the contest though Big Pete - it's a complete farce
I skimmed through some of the comments that had been left on the Spanish entry's page, and that's also what people were saying - that the competition needs re-jigging and a new voting system sorted out, because at the moment it's all about which country wants to suck up to its neighbour!!

Personally, I've had very little interest in Eurovision since I sat up all night (or what felt like it as a kid!) only to see Cliff Richard pipped at the post with "Power to all my Friends!"
I don't think I've ever got over the disappointment
Old May 13th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

There was nothing else on so watched the last bit, they all seemed to me as if they were on class A drugs.
The freak with the pink dress on needed a brain transplant, Most of the songs were crap to be honest we were crap dancing around like a sodden plane (Idiots)
I do believe we was given no points because we obviously piss a lot of countries off.

I think england should just say screw it we are not entering it know more, i mean christ how much humiliation do we want to put our country through xxx
Old May 14th 2007, 6:20 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
There was nothing else on so watched the last bit, they all seemed to me as if they were on class A drugs.
The freak with the pink dress on needed a brain transplant, Most of the songs were crap to be honest we were crap dancing around like a sodden plane (Idiots)
I do believe we was given no points because we obviously piss a lot of countries off.

I think england should just say screw it we are not entering it know more, i mean christ how much humiliation do we want to put our country through xxx
I think by getting no points we actually came out top. LOL
Old May 14th 2007, 6:31 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Ha ha yes I agree with you
Old May 14th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Well we did beat ireland
Old May 15th 2007, 6:54 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

I ususally end up watching it at home or sometimes at a party. The point is the songs are not really the point....it's meant to be tacky, vulgar, over the top,naff. Mitzyboys comments about Ireland make sense.. I couldn't believe such flat and tuneless singing. And JDR it does run the gamut of sexual appeal...pretty camp men, hunky stocky ones (Armenia), girls in gymslips ( Russia) and several well endowed dominant women wailing in pseudoorgasmic operatic top notes!!
Problem is.... are the public good choosers when it comes to finding the songs?? I think not. That song by Big Bruvva that I caught the end of would have been a worthy entry for Britain.. the two girls have terific voices, theatrical, a good tune...no but we choose some naff entry about trolley dollies, and even they seemed subdued and overawed by it all on the night...