Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

eurovision.... national joke.

eurovision.... national joke.

Old May 26th 2008, 4:41 am
Just Joined

spanishuptowngirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: eurovision.... national joke.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Because it tends to be gay bars that show this kind of crap
It was a pub run by a German family
Old May 26th 2008, 4:44 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spanishuptowngirl
It was a pub run by a German family
I bet it was full of German sausage and leather
Old May 26th 2008, 4:47 am
Just Joined

so let me get this right.......

We are saying that the trite that was the Spanish entry was better than a fairly well sung and well written song by a guy with quite a good voice.

Have I got it right?
It depends on what you want from a song. To me, a song should transmit something, and I'd rather something positive... so yes, the funniest song, the one that made people laugh, the one that made people have so much fun was the Spanish entry. To me that means it has more power than anything else. Play all those songs in a wedding or a festival or a party or a club, which one is going to be more fun? El Chiki Chiki!
Old May 26th 2008, 4:49 am
Just Joined

You bet, but you don't guess right. There was actually this Australian guy with a toy guitar just like the one the Chikilicuatre performs with. He was supporting Spain after watching every act. He was Australian, no attachments with no country in Europe, he was being objective...
Old May 26th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol,

as for the song its possible no worse than the other songs to have come out of Spain from Los del Rio (who I met once in sevilla) and Las Ketchup and others from around the world like Wigfield, its not so much the song its the dance moves that people go crazy for, if they push it there is a market for it this summer in Europe, In Spain anyway it will take off im sure, then it will get touted round the rest of teh Europe.

What did the dutch and Germans make of the song ?? they will be the ones who will have it playing if does get accepted
Old May 26th 2008, 4:50 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what you want from a song. To me, a song should transmit something, and I'd rather something positive... so yes, the funniest song, the one that made people laugh, the one that made people have so much fun was the Spanish entry. To me that means it has more power than anything else. Play all those songs in a wedding or a festival or a party or a club, which one is going to be more fun? El Chiki Chiki!
Ok, may I suggest you try going to some decent clubs............

and honestly?

This is what you are looking for in a song?

Old May 26th 2008, 4:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you liked the Turkey's song didn't you
Old May 26th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

You bet, but you don't guess right. There was actually this Australian guy with a toy guitar just like the one the Chikilicuatre performs with. He was supporting Spain after watching every act. He was Australian, no attachments with no country in Europe, he was being objective...
You will have to get Matt one of them mask's for the Summer, lol
Old May 26th 2008, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Lol,

as for the song its possible no worse than the other songs to have come out of Spain from Los del Rio (who I met once in sevilla) and Las Ketchup and others from around the world like Wigfield, its not so much the song its the dance moves that people go crazy for, if they push it there is a market for it this summer in Europe, In Spain anyway it will take off im sure, then it will get touted round the rest of teh Europe.

What did the dutch and Germans make of the song ?? they will be the ones who will have it playing if does get accepted
Do you ACTUALLY live in Spain? Because the song took off months ago and I have heard of it from the UK. I was too busy having fun so didn't really notice the Germans' reaction, but none of them was rude enough to say we had no chance.
Old May 26th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you ACTUALLY live in Spain? Because the song took off months ago and I have heard of it from the UK. I was too busy having fun so didn't really notice the Germans' reaction, but none of them was rude enough to say we had no chance.
No but I did say I have heard the song long before this week in a earlier post, I probably have it on a albulm somewhere as I did recognise it
Old May 26th 2008, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Ok, may I suggest you try going to some decent clubs............

and honestly?

This is what you are looking for in a song?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sKN96LxDRso

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, eso, eso, PERREA, PERREA
Old May 26th 2008, 5:14 am
Straw Man.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, eso, eso,
I may have already missed it but are you Spanish?
Old May 26th 2008, 5:16 am
Just Joined

I may have already missed it but are you Spanish?
Part of me is Spanish, part of me is British after living in the UK for so long
Old May 26th 2008, 5:19 am
Straw Man.

Part of me is Spanish, part of me is British after living in the UK for so long
Wow, thats absolutely amazing, so far you are the fourth person to join recently with either Spanish parents or joint parentage......

Just think of all the useful advise you, and the others can give us all.

You should post on Dee Dee's thread.
Old May 26th 2008, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Wow, thats absolutely amazing, so far you are the fourth person to join recently with either Spanish parents or joint parentage......

Just think of all the useful advise you, and the others can give us all.

You should post on Dee Dee's thread.
I just came in the forum accidentally as I googled something about El Chiki Chiki. Then I got a bit annoyed by the criticism and decided to join just to reply....haha Haven't read any other messages

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.