Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

European summer

European summer

Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Gaylord_Focker is a jewel in the roughGaylord_Focker is a jewel in the roughGaylord_Focker is a jewel in the roughGaylord_Focker is a jewel in the roughGaylord_Focker is a jewel in the rough
Default European summer

I know this is a bit vague but Im looking to escape somewhere in Europe over the summer and am not sure where would be best to make a living for 4 months?
Im in my mid 20's, British and have got 4 months of from Uni during the summer. I want to take advantage of the fact that with a European passport I can work in most places in Europe (although working illegally would be OK). Im just looking to spend 4 months in one city, somewhere cool, with good nightlife where I can have a laugh for a while and not find it too difficult to get work. I only speak English though and so am concerned about the language barrier. I'd happily work in construction, office temping, bar work.....pretty much anything. I'd love to hear from anyone who's just taken off to live and work in Europe for a little while and how it went.
PS - Im particularly attracted to the idea of living in either Italy or Spain.
Any help much appreciated.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

dougie V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: European summer

gaylord.... the only problem that i can see in the big cities is accomodation and the language...it can be very expensive, best places for summer would obviosly be the tourist spots...check out mojacar in almeria, i think it may be up your street and u should be able to pick up work and accomodation