Europa TV

Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Europa TV

Have just purchased the Europa broadband package and also the Set TopBox & range extender so I can receive BBC 1 & 2 and also the ITV progs etc as only having a 80cm dish and no room for anything bigger have been restricted to what I can watch.

Having connected everything up according to instructions but was unable to receive any of those programmes. Rang Europa support line and they said the fault was at their end and were working to solve the problem.

So my question is, are there any folk out there using this system and if so are you having the same problem re reception.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:07 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Europa TV

Originally Posted by Michael74
Have just purchased the Europa broadband package and also the Set TopBox & range extender so I can receive BBC 1 & 2 and also the ITV progs etc as only having a 80cm dish and no room for anything bigger have been restricted to what I can watch.

Having connected everything up according to instructions but was unable to receive any of those programmes. Rang Europa support line and they said the fault was at their end and were working to solve the problem.

So my question is, are there any folk out there using this system and if so are you having the same problem re reception.
there was a message on our local facebook group from Europa on Wednesday that they were experiencing technical difficulties & one a bit later that they had solved the problem
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:34 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Their data centre in Madrid, that "borrows" / provides the signals from the UK, had some problems, meaning thier service was off for a few days.

They say that a reboot of the system should kick start the box again, failing that contact them for further advice.

Wed: "There has been a general problem, the main telefonica data centre was victim to a powercut last night, and the backups didnt kick in - I know its certainly caused us technical problems today, as to add to the issues, one of the main switches was damaged by surge when power was restored."
Thurs" Latest update from tech, TV and internet are working, please reboot the stb and all should be ok... if not, please let us know"
Thurs pm "we are still experiencing problems in establishing service. Please bear with us, the engineers are working on it..."

facebook.com/europanetwork.telecoms

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 28th 2012 at 8:01 am.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
Their data centre in Madrid, that "borrows" / provides the signals from the UK, had some problems, meaning thier service was off for a few days.

They say that a reboot of the system should kick start the box again, failing that contact them for further advice.

Wed: "There has been a general problem, the main telefonica data centre was victim to a powercut last night, and the backups didnt kick in - I know its certainly caused us technical problems today, as to add to the issues, one of the main switches was damaged by surge when power was restored."
Thurs" Latest update from tech, TV and internet are working, please reboot the stb and all should be ok... if not, please let us know"
Thurs pm "we are still experiencing problems in establishing service. Please bear with us, the engineers are working on it..."

facebook.com/europanetwork.telecoms
Thanks for the update, it seems from their latest 4hrs ago that they are doing their best to get it sorted.